BP Configuration – Same BP and Customer Number
Objective – Main objective of this post is to help to understand how we can achieve the requirement of creating Business Partner and customer with same number in S4 Hana.
We will mainly focus on the main 4 key parameters to be done from configuration side to achieve this requirement. But before that we will start from the begging of creation BP to avoid any confusion.
the key 4 parameters are described below-
- Same number range for BP and Customer to be created
- BP number range should be internal
- Customer should be an external Number Range ( in this way we can achieve same customer number even there is a skip between the BP and customer number)
- In ‘number range assignment for direction BP to customer’ we need to maintain the same number check box
Step 1- BP Role – we already have predefined BP roles in the system and we will use this standard roles to create a BP.
Path – Cross Application Component –> SAP Business Partner–> Business Partner –> Basic Setting –> BP Role
000000 – General Data
FLCU00 – Company Code data
FLCU01 – Sales area data
“BP role category” controls the BP Role
Step 2 – Create BP Grouping – creating own grouping
Step 3 – Create Number range and assign to BP Groupings – Now we need to create our own number range and assign to the BP Grouping created before.
–> SAP Business Partner à Basic settings –> Number ranges & Groupings (Tcode- BUCF)
Note- BO number range should be internal.
Assign BP Grouping with Number range
Step 4 – Create customer account group and number range – This part of the configuration is still same as ECC.
Create Number range.
Note- Customer number range should be same as BP number range and it should be external.
Assign number range & account group.
Step 5 – In number range assignment for direction BP to customer we need to maintain the same number check box.
- Cross Application Components –> Master Data synchronization –> Customer/Vendor Integration –> Business Partner Settings –> Setting for Customer Integration –> Filed Assignment for customer Integration –> Assign Keys –> Define Number ranges for Direction BP to Customer
Step 6- Maintain Partner Function procedure (VOPAN)
We need to maintained partner determination procedure. Steps are similar to ECC.
Now all the configurations are done. Lets proceed further with BP creation.
Create BP using roles for general -000000,Company code -FLCU00 and Sales area-FLUC01
How to find out Customer number from BP
- In Company Code data we can find the customer number
- Using BUT000 and CVI_CUST_LINK table
We can see BP and customer created with same number of – 100000.