SAP Business Application Studio(BAS) Deploy UI5 Application To the Server using Npm command
SAP Business Application Studio is an SAP Business Technology Platform service in the Cloud Foundry environment. It is built on open-source and leading industry standards and supports a modular approach to developing different kinds of apps.
For a general overview and more information about the capabilities of SAP Business Application Studio, refer to the official SAP Business Application Studio product page.
How to access SAP Business Application Studio
If you do not have existing access to SAP Business Application Studio, you can get a fully-functional SAP Business Technology Platform trial account. From there, you can access and use SAP Business Application Studio.
- Get a Free Trial Account on SAP Business Technology Platform
- Set Up SAP Business Application Studio for Development
- Create a Dev Space for SAP Fiori Apps
- Create a Destination within the Cloud Foundry EnvironmentOptional. This will create a destination within the SAP Business Technology Platform Cloud Foundry environment so that you can access the free Northwind OData services. You need this to get sample data for some of our Tutorials
- Create an Empty SAPUI5 ProjectWith this step, you set up an empty SAPUI5 freestyle app project.
In this blog, I will share how to deploy sample SAP UI5 application in Business Application Studio(BAS) to server by the following steps:
- See the prerequisites listed in Developing an SAP Fiori Application Based on an SAP S/4HANA or ECC System.
- Your target ABAP system for deployment must include the SAP_UI 753 SP00 or higher software component, available from SAP Fiori FES 5.0. See SAP Note 2217489.
- Make sure that your WebIDEUsage includes dev_abap for deploying to the SAPUI5 ABAP Repository. (For example, your WebIDEUsage includes odata_abap,dev_abap).
- Make sure to add the HTML5.Timeout= 60000 additional property to your destination.
- For deploying to SAP S/4HANA on-premise, you need to set up an on-premise destination and the cloud connector. See Cloud Connector.
- For deploying to SAP S/4HANA on-premise, you should add the sap-client additional property to your destination.
- For deploying to SAP S/4HANA on-premise, you need to activate the /UI5/ABAP_REPOSITORY_SRV service in your back-end system. See Activate and Maintain Services.
- For deploying to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, you need to set up a destination to an S/4HANA Cloud system with SAML Bearer Assertion authentication. See Using SAML Bearer Assertion Authentication.
Procedure To Deploy
- Right-click the project folder and select Open in Terminal.
- Enter npm install:
user: <SAP Fiori project> $ npm install
- Add Deploy configuration using npx fiori add deploy-config commanduser:<SAP Fiori Project> $npx fiori add deploy-config
- Enter Npm run deploy:user:<SAP Fiori Project> $npm run deploy
- Check Your configuration and press ‘Y’ Enter system credential and press enter
I hope this post will help you to deploy the ui5/fiori like application to your on-premise SAP system.