SAP Digital Vehicle Hub Features And Potential Use Cases
In October 2020, SAP launched the product SAP Digital Vehicle Hub as an Industry Cloud application.
This article is part of a blog series. The previous posts comprise a general introduction to SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and an overview of the other topics of this blog series:
- The Digital Twin Of The Vehicle
- Introduction to SAP Digital Vehicle Hub
- Data Model of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub
- Create and Update vehicles using APIs
- Integration of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub with SAP Vehicle Management System
- Integration of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Digital Vehicle Hub and SAP Cloud Platform Enterprise Messaging
- CX use cases and architecture
In this article, we will focus on the overview, features delivered and potential use cases of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub.
Value Proposition of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub
In this era, the use of data is becoming increasingly important in every line of business of every industry. The right use of quality and real-time data can help companies in optimizing business processes, decision making, understanding customers and markets, building better relationships with partners, creating new business models and so on. Take the automotive industry as an example. We cannot forget the consequences of the chip shortage caused by the recent pandemic and the lessons it has taught us – the need to share data across the entire value chain. We can say that knowing how to get the most value out of your data and making the most of it is not just an icing on the cake, it has become a must-know for business survival.
Based on this background, SAP launched the product SAP Digital Vehicle Hub – an Industry Cloud solution for the automotive industry. The SAP Digital Vehicle Hub represents the digital twin for any ground transportation object, which integrates and interacts seamlessly along the automotive and mobility value chain in the Cloud. It serves as a central repository for managing all types of vehicle related master, transactional, and usage data. Information is built and shared between internal / external business partners to enable and handle collaborative business models and processes along the automotive and mobility value chain.
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub is designed to help companies bring all vehicle data into one vehicle repository and build new business models out of the data available in one place.
The initial version of the product was launched in October 2020, oriented by its business values such as Central Vehicle Repository for Vehicle Master and Transactional Data, IoT Data enabling new business models, Improved Collaboration between Automotive Industry Players, Reduced Master Data Maintenance effort by obtaining high data quality at the same time, etc. The solution was delivered to customers with the following highlights:
- Central repository to collect all vehicle data which typically originates in different systems on the landscape (for example, SAP Vehicle Management System, SAP Customer Relationship Management, SAP Dealer Business Management, external systems, portals and so on).
- Combination of vehicle master data, transactional data, and telemetry data in one place to enable new business models in the Mobility-as-a-Service space (such as subscription or pay-per-use).
- Sharing of vehicle data between OEMs, distributors, dealers, third-party service providers and all other network parties with strong authorization concepts to control data access.
- Pre-delivered content for a vehicle’s structure to easily model vehicle objects (for example, model data, configuration data, technical data, lifecycle status, location).
- Comprehensive reporting capability on vehicle data based on extensive search functionalities.
- Adoption and extension to different use case scenarios along the automotive value chain.
From the initial release until February 2022, SAP Digital Vehicle Hub has extended many commercial value-added features (familiarize yourself with the latest information and feature scope on SAP Digital Vehicle Hub Help Portal by selecting the corresponding versions).
Features Delivered (Until February 2022)
- Vehicle Search
- Model Information
- Vehicle Information
- Vehicle Procurement
- Vehicle Related Procurement
- Vehicle Sales
- Outbound Material Documents
- Inbound Material Documents
- Outbound Deliveries
- Inbound Deliveries
- Service History
- Service Contract
- Planned Maintenance
- Third-Party Invoices
- Outgoing Invoices
- Financial Document
- Related Objects
- Source System Status
- Integration to SAP IoT
- Graphical representation of SAP IoT data
- Integration to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Integration to SAP Business Events
- Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Bot
Potential Use Cases of Digital Vehicle Hub
No one wants to stand still while others are leveraging data to move the business forward – to remain unchanged is to fall behind and be eliminated. Recognizing this, SAP has been on a journey to gain a deeper understanding of customers’ needs and is committed to doing its best to better meet the diverse needs of customers. As a result, SAP Digital Vehicle Hub has also been delivering more features to customers. As more features are added, it as well has more opportunities to work with more partners, expand the network and continue to look for more potential use cases.
As said, knowing how to get the most value out of your data and making the most of it is, and always will be, the key to business success!
In the following blog series, we will provide deep-dive sessions for features delivered, for example, how to search for a vehicle, how to get the vehicle information, and so on. Stay tuned!
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub Product homepage: https://www.sap.com/products/asset-intelligence-network.html#digital-vehicle-hub
SAP Digital Vehicle Hub Help Portal: https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_DIGITAL_VEHICLE_HUB
Many thanks to my colleague Harsha Chaithanya Kethepalle, Product Manager of SAP Digital Vehicle Hub, for providing me with great support for this blog post!