Key User Adaptation in SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition is available out-of-the-box
Disclaimer: note that this blog was published prior to the re-branding related to SAP Build portfolio, which was announced at SAP TechEd 2022. SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone come together under the SAP Build Work Zone brand, with two editions: standard edition (formerly SAP Launchpad service) and advanced edition (formerly SAP Work Zone). You can learn more in this blog post by Aviad Rivlin. See also the announcement for SAP Build.
SAPUI5 flexibility for adapting standard apps
As an SAP customer, you have plenty of SAP standard apps to choose from, covering a wide range of use cases. As an SAP partner, you can use SAPUI5 and other technologies and tools to build custom apps for specific use cases. However, apps may not be the perfect fit for all end users working in various roles. Some may need a simpler user interface, others need additional UI elements, some want to save time by having certain filters applied automatically, and so on.
SAPUI5 flexibility empowers various personas to adapt standard applications so that they fit the business processes best. Developers, key users, and end users themselves can tailor the user interface, making it more efficient, easier to use, and better accepted by end users. SAPUI5 flexibility is available on various platforms.
Specifically for apps running on SAP Business Technology Platform, Cloud Foundry environment we offer the UI5 flexibility for key users service which can be added to those apps, see the respective documentation.
Key user adaptation now available out-of-the-box
- Enabling the site for key user adaptation: Switch on the service ‘Key User Adaptation’ in the site settings according to Configure Site Settings.
- Creating a Role Collection with role FlexKeyUser and assigning the key users.
- With this, key users get the ‘Adapt UI‘ option in their user menu and can adapt standard apps, work on drafts and finally activate the changes. Also, they can use the new ‘Public‘ flag when saving a view to make it available to end users via their view selector (Favorite option).
All business users will then see a tailored UI, which fits their needs.
For your reference
- What’s New for SAP Launchpad Service
- SAP Fiori Launchpad for SAP BTP – Key User Adaptation runtime documentation
For more information on UI5
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A | Blog Post | Slack
- Learn more: SAPUI5 Demo Kit | openSAP | UI5 NewsCast | UI5ers live
- Try UI5 for free: SAPUI5 | OpenUI5 | OpenUI5 on NPM | SAPUI5 on NPM
- Follow us: Twitter | YouTube