SAP Data Warehouse Cloud: New Features in Q1 2022
A new year is with us already! Although times are tough, we are not discouraged, and have developed a range of new useful new features to make SAP Data Warehouse Cloud even more valuable. These include a number of impatiently awaited integration features, and, with the Data Marketplace, completely new opportunities for integrating data.
So here is our selection of top features for Q1 2022:
- Data Marketplace
- Shell conversion for SAP BW bridge
- Import of SAP S/4HANA entities
- New functions in modeling
- New Business Content
In order to create a holistic data warehouse, it is essential to include external data. What do we mean by external data? A good example is COVID-19 figures that your HR department needs so it can understand the impact on its office locations, or stock data of competitors that you can use to put your internal performance data into a market perspective.
With the Data Marketplace you can easily share and integrate external data with just a few clicks. You can search for and purchase data products from data providers. Or you can become a data provider yourself and offer data products to other users of Data Marketplace.
Shell Conversion for SAP BW Bridge
Another important milestone in the integration of SAP BW has been achieved: Transferring data models from SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA to SAP BW bridge is now possible via shell conversion. The Transfer Cockpit supports you in migrating selected data models into an SAP BW bridge tenant. You can then use these objects for further modeling and import them as remote tables into SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.
Import of SAP S/4HANA Entities
You might have already made use of SAP S/4HANA Cloud data, but perhaps you prefer to re-use existing metadata and data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud so that you don’t have to rebuild everything manually. In this case, this is the solution for you:
You can now import existing entities from SAP S/4HANA Cloud into SAP Data Warehouse Cloud in order to build new models on top of them or to enhance them.
New Functions in Modeling
There are many new functions in modeling. Here is an overview of the main ones:
- You can now easily calculate values in different currencies with the Currency Conversion column in the Data Builder’s Graphical View editor.
- You can now easily make a local copy of an object with the Save As function.
- You can set a default value for each of your input parameters.
New Business Content
Finally, there are three new content packages which I would like to introduce to you:
- The SAP Sustainability Control Tower helps you to reach your sustainability ambitions with holistic, enterprise-wide sustainability performance management.
- The SAP Intelligent Real Estate content is built on data from SAP Cloud for Real Estate and SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Contract and Lease Management. It covers the topics Portfolio Overview, Occupancy Management, Workspace Management, and List Reports.
- The Sales Analytics for SAP S/4HANA on-premise content package is based on sales documents items and billing documents items from SAP S/4HANA on-premise. It covers three scenarios: Sales Volumes, Profit Margin and Incoming Orders.
If you would like to have an overview of all the features that have been released, read the what’s new information on the Help Portal:
Alternatively, please feel free to watch the video detailing the highlights of Q1 2022 (including demos):