Integration: Setup SAP PaPM Cloud to use RFA FI-GL and FI-GLI to post to your ECC
Good news!!! SAP Profitabiity and Performance Management 3.0 (SAP PaPM OP) ‘s RFA Finance General Ledger and RFA Finance General Ledger Items are now available in SAP Profitability and Performance Management Cloud (SAP PaPM Cloud) .
Just like in On-Premise, before you can maximize this function in SAP PaPM Cloud, an RFC connection must be established between your SAP PaPM Cloud Tenant and your SAP ECC.
In order to do this one time setup, allow me to guide you through this blogpost by discussing step by step what your SAP Administrators should perform starting with..
A. in Cloud Connector: Registering your SAP PaPM Cloud Instance or Tenant
It is important that your company has a centrally administered Cloud Connector where you can then register your SAP PaPM Cloud’s subaccount. To know more about Cloud Connector please check below blogposts
Now assuming you already have Cloud Connector in place, let us proceed with registering your SAP PaPM Cloud Instance in your Cloud Connector.
- Under your Cloud Connector, Choose Add Subaccount
- A pop-up window will appear, fill this window with information like the one in the screenshot below
- Save the setup
If this has already been achieved, then you are now ready to register the On-Premise system and register BAPIs.
B. in Cloud Connector: Register your Internal System in the created subaccount
- Choose the Subaccount that needs to be connected to the ECC system
- Choose Cloud to On-Premise from the left menu pane
- Choose ABAP System
- Choose RFC (or RFC SNC)
- Choose Load Balancing
- Provide the Message Server and System ID of your ECC system
- Create a virtual Message Server and System ID (you may choose to use the same as with #9)
- Optional you can provide a Description then Next.
Once your ECC is fully registered you will have a screen similar as this one:
You are now ready to register the BAPIs needed for Remote Function Adapter GL and GLI
C. in Cloud Connector: Register the resources of the added Internal System
The resources to be registered are the following
and here are the steps that you can follow to add these resources:
- Choose the Internal System where resources should be registered
- Choose Add Resource
- In the Function Name field add the Resource provided above (one by one)
D. in BTP: Doublecheck the Cloud Connector
If Sections A to C were completed you should see the same reflecting in BTP > Cloud Connectors as Connected / Available
this means your Subaccount is connected in Cloud Connector
this means your Internal system has resources added (like BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK)
E. in BTP: Create Destination
Now that everything has been setup, it is now possible for your Destination administrator to create a new destination (RFC Destination).
- Under your subaccount, go to Destinations
- Choose New Destination
- Fill the Destination Fields with information (like normal RFC connection)
- Add New Properties and add
- jco.client.client – your ECC client
- jco.client.lang – default Language on Login
- jco.client.mshost – virtual host registered in cloud foundry for your ECC
- jco.client.r3name – SID of your ECC
- jco.destination.pool_capacity – by default put 5
- Save configuration
F. in PaPM Modeling: Use now the created destination to post records
- Powerful Posting to SAP ERP or S/4 HANA Features Delivered by PaPM’s Remote Function Adapter – Part 2
- Tips and Tricks for RFA FI Type – Finance General Ledger Items
Now that we have completely setup your RFA GL/GLI connection, I wish to close this blogpost by giving you another good news. (^^,)
To be released within this Q2 2022, the development team is also busy stabilizing few more RFA types that can help you with your posting to ECC – these are RFA Adapters for:
- Account Payable ***Released, no additional BAPI needed***
- Account Receivable ***Released, no additional BAPI needed***
- Sales and Distribution
once these are ready, I will definitely update this blog post with additional BAPIs to be added in your cloud connector.
Til my next blogpost — Enjoy Modeling in the cloud!