Extend SAP SuccessFactors on SAP BTP with CAP – Add Application to the Launchpad
To follow-up with this blog post you must have read and completed the following previous blog posts in this series:
- Series introduction and preparation
- Jumpstart the CAP Project
- Import SAP SuccessFactors OData Services definitions
- Define the CDS Data Model
- Create the CAP Service
- Add Business Logic
- Prepare the UI with CDS Annotations
- Add Security
- Deploy to SAP HANA Cloud
- Develop the SAP Fiori Elements Application
- Deploy Application to Cloud Foundry
Access the Launchpad Service Site Manager
1. In the SAP BTP cockpit, on the left-hand pane expand the Services menu and click on Instances and Subscriptions. On the right side, locate the Launchpad Service under Subscriptions and click on the Go to Application icon next to it
The Site Manager UI will open-up in a new browser tab. So, the first thing we need to do is to refresh (grab) the content from the HTML5 applications repository for bring in our application from there.
2. Click on the sandwich menu at the top-left corner of the page to expand the app menu and click on the Provider Manager option. Then, click on the refresh button at the far right of the HTML5 apps provider to bring-in the content from there
Prepare Business Content: Application, Group and Catalog
To learn about the concepts managed by the SAP Launchpad Service, please refer to the official documentation in this link.
1. Click on the Content Manager option, then on the Content Explorer tab and, finally, on the HTML5 Apps tile
2. Select the Manage Projects app, then click on the Add to My Content button
3. Click on the My Content tab, then on the New button and select Catalog from the menu
4. Type Project Management as Title and Project Management Catalog as Description. Click on the Assign Items search bar and, then, on the “+” icon to the right of the Manage Projects app. Finally, click on the Save button
5. Go back to the Content Manager home page, click on the New button and select Group from the menu
6. Type SuccessFactors Extensions as Title and SuccessFactors Extensions Group as Description. Click on the Assign Items search bar and, then, on the “+” icon to the right of the Manage Projects app. Finally, click on the Save button
Assign the Application to Everyone
1. Go back to the Content Manager home page and click on the Everyone role in the list
2. Click on the Edit button at the top-right and then on the Assign Items search bar. Click on the “+” icon to the right of the Manage Projects app. Finally, click on the Save button
Create the Launchpad Site
1. Click on the Site Directory option and then on the Create Site button
2. Name the site BTP Extensions and click on the Create button
Test Site and Application
1. Click on the link below the URL field to launch the site, which will open-up in a new browser tab
2. Click on the Maintain Projects tile to launch the application
NOTE: the title “Maintain Projects” is taken from the SAP Fiori Launchpad (FLP) configuration that was done when the SAP Fiori Elements application has been created following this blog post: Develop the SAP Fiori Elements Application
The List Report page for the Project entity will be loaded:
Now, click on the Go button and the initial test data (loaded to the HANA database from the CSV files) will be displayed:
And that’s it! You have successfully added a fully working SAP Fiori Elements application deployed to SAP BTP’s HTML5 Apps Repository to an SAP Launchpad Service site.
You can, now, test it at your will, in the same way you did using the Fiori Preview in the steps of the blog post: Prepare the UI with CDS Annotations
And this is the final step to Extend SAP SuccessFactors on SAP BTP with CAP!
Congratulations! After having gone through the steps of this blog post you should have successfully added your solution to an SAP Launchpad Service site and, thus, fully completed this blog posts series on how to Extend SAP SuccessFactors on SAP BTP with CAP!
NOTE: all the instructions provided in this blog post apply exactly the same to any CAP project using an HTML5 application as the UI deployed to Cloud Foundry on SAP BTP using the HTML5 applications repository (managed approuter), which should be added to a SAP Launchpad Service site.
Please, do not hesitate to submit your questions in SAP Community through the Q&A tag link: https://answers.sap.com/index.html