Offline Price Update for Purchasing Info Record via Microsoft Excel
In continuation to my previous blog: Offline Mass Update of Purchasing Info Records through Microsoft Excel. In this blog, we will discuss about the mass updating price condition in an offline mode through the fiori app Mass Changes to Purchasing Info Records, you can perform mass update for multiple purchasing info records simultaneously.
Points to Note:
- Condition Group ID number in the downloaded excel, is used to identify a particular condition record belonging to a particular validity. And it should be same for main and supplementary condition in one group.
- For creating new condition record, dummy condition Group ID number can be passed which is unique for the info record condition type validity.
- Validity for supplementary and main condition within same condition group ID should always be same and it cannot be different.
- Deleting the main condition also deletes the corresponding supplementary condition which belong to the same group.
- Deleting the supplementary condition will only delete the supplementary condition and no impact on main condition.
What are the Scenarios covered in offline mass Update/Create/Delete – Price Condition?
- Scenario 1:Creating new condition records, grouping main and supplementary condition under one validity via Microsoft Excel.
- Scenario 2: Adding new supplementary condition record to the existing base condition record.
- Scenario 3: Updating existing condition record for the downloaded info record.
- Scenario 4: Deleting the existing condition record for downloaded Info record.
Scenario 1:Creating new condition records and grouping main and supplementary conditions record under same validity via Microsoft Excel.
Prerequisite: User shall fill in the required details for the sheets General info and Purchase Org info.
Steps to Create new condition record via Microsoft Excel:
Step 1: For creating new Info record, enter Info record dummy reference number in Pricing condition sheet which would connect to other sheets. (General Info and Purchase Org Info)
Step 2: Enter values for all other fields (Condition type, Validity, Price etc…) and fill in Value for Condition Group ID.
Screenshot for adding only Base condition- PPR0, Condition Group ID – 01
Screenshot for Adding supplementary condition -FA01 to the base condition PPR0 in Same condition type and validity.
Step 3: Mark Is New flag to ‘X’.
Scenario 2: Adding new supplementary condition record to the existing base condition record.
Prerequisite: Download the Info record with condition record to Microsoft Excel.
Steps to add new condition record via Microsoft Excel:
Note: Validity for supplementary and main condition within same group ID should always be same and it cannot be different.
Step 1: Open the downloaded excel and navigate to the Pricing sheet.
Step 2: Enter the required details in new row (Info record number, Condition type, Validity, Price etc…) and fill in Value for Condition Group ID – Which should be same as Base condition PPR0.
Note: For existing info record which we have downloaded, condition group id is generated and available in downloaded excel.
Step 3: Mark Is New flag to X and perform upload.
Scenario 3: Updating existing condition record for the Info record downloaded.
Prerequisite: Download the Info Record to Microsoft Excel
Steps to update existing the condition record via Microsoft Excel upload:
Step 1: Update the allowed values as per the excel configuration maintained in the system for fields.
Step 2: Upload the excel in the system and check for the successful update.
Screenshot for Amount update:
Scenario 4: Deleting the existing condition record for Info record.
Steps to delete the condition record via Microsoft Excel upload:
Step 1: Download the Info Record to Microsoft Excel.
Step 2: Mark ‘X’ as deletion indicator for Main or Supplementary condition record.
Step 3: Upload the excel in the system and check for the successful deletion.
All views expressed in this blogs are my own, it may also subject to change.