To Reduce Gaps between SIDs for an InfoObject in SAP BW
Business Case: Large gaps between SIDs. Due to this, if SIDs reach 2 billion records. Then, data load is not possible to dependent target.
Execute a Program: ZSAP_SIDVALDISTRIB to find the Gaps by providing inputs as shown in below screen shot
Output of Program with percent filled between the splits
Screen Shot for reference:
Solution: Implemented following solutions to reduce the GAPs
- Apply Semantic Grouping in DTP based on Uniqueness value (even consider Compounding InfoObject also, if main InfoObject is part of Semantic group)
- Apply settings to parallel Buffering in Transaction code: SNRO for corresponding InfoObject
Above implemented solutions, will not minimize / remove the gaps for already existing gaps.
If need to remove SID Gaps for already existing between SIDs, need to consult SAP for execution of program: ZSAP_SIDHI2LO. Because, SAP team will check which is the best appropriate solution.
- Apply Semantic Grouping in DTP based on Uniqueness value
- Apply settings to parallel processing in Transaction code: SNRO for corresponding InfoObject
- Use SAP standard program: ZSAP_SIDHI2LO (with SAP Consulting) for renumbering of SIDs
- Program will be provided by SAP from OSS Note: 1331403
- ZSAP_SIDMAXGET – To find the InfoObject with Maximum SIDs
- ZSAP_SIDHI2LO – To renumber the already SID
- ZSAP_SIDVALDISTRIB – To find the percent filled between distribution of SIDs
1331403 – SIDs, Numberranges and BW Infoobjects – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
2982254 - Gaps between SID-s in an InfoObject
might be useful.