The Emarsys Spring ’22 Release Is Live!
I am very happy to announce that the Emarsys Spring 2022 Release went live this morning!
You can already read up on all the individual features on our Product Updates page, so here I am just going to pick out a few highlights and give some background to the reasons behind some of our decisions.
First off, what are we trying to achieve with this release?
At Emarsys, we think that we can best serve our customers by giving them more power. Power to build, launch, scale and track campaigns that are laser-focused to drive their own particular business outcomes.
To that end, we aim to deliver value in 4 distinct ways:
- Accelerate Time to Value
- Deliver real-time, 1:1 personalization
- Succeed with proven guidance
- Produce measurable results
Let’s look at these in turn.
Accelerate Time to Value
Marketing budgets are now at an all-time low (a 2021 Gartner report put the average as low as 6.4% of total revenue). We think the best way to address this is to save you money by saving you time and effort. Our customers pay us for a service, and we want to put a return on that investment as quickly as possible.
Most of our enhancements in this area revolve around the Automation Center (and, by association, Interactions). We know that this can be quite an intimidating product, but almost 80% of our customers are using this as the core of their marketing campaigns so we listened carefully to all of your feedback and have come up with some improvements to make your lives so much easier!
- Program creation has never been easier, with multiple node management and comments for other users (including a helpful @username function).
- Program testing has been overhauled, with a new Testing status that allows for faster and more consistent testing of program triggers, journey and messages.
- Program editing can now be done on the fly, in any state.
We have also made onboarding much quicker and easier for some channels:
- SMS – you can bring your own vendor and onboard yourself.
- Web Channel – you can now set up your own domains right in the platform.
Deliver True 1:1 Personalization
This is where we have made the biggest impact, with a raft of features which put your customers where they should be – at the center of your business.
I’ll start with Loyalty, partly because it’s one of my favorite products, partly because we have our very own Community Topic Expert on hand to answer your questions, but mostly because it gives me the chance to tell you that Emarsys placed #1 in the G2 Spring 2022 Grid Report for Loyalty Management software!
G2 Grid® for Loyalty Management Software
- Enhanced the voucher management, including vouchers sent via email for offline access
- Enhanced the exclusive access feature (with better time management for limited access)
- Added a cashback program for spend-based plans
- Added new events for the Loyalty Wallet like cancelled membership
For the Automation Center, we have a new Participation Check node which you can not only add to any path in your program, but also apply to multiple programs at the same time, giving you total control over the journeys your customers can take and the messages they receive.
The Web Channel, we have upgraded it to the latest version of our Personalization Service, resulting in pre-personalized messages that can be triggered in a fraction of the time they used to take.
Succeed With Proven Guidance
We’ve been in this business for over 20 years, and have learned from the best. This experience has been distilled down into smart features that even rookie marketers can succeed with.
A good example of that are our new consumer product Tactics. We have 5 new Tactics covering these use cases:
- Merchandised cross-sell
- Quality trade-up
- Warranty upsell
- Warranty expiration
- Product registration
Interested? Then follow this tag and watch out for a blog coming soon that will describe each of these in detail.
Produce Measurable Business Results
If you can’t demonstrate the effect that marketing is making to your business, you can’t justify your budget. We not only give you clear attribution for purchases and other events, but also provide you with flexible and tailored reporting that lets you make smart, data-driven decisions.
For this release, that means:
- A webhook node in the Automation Center so you can send data to external platforms for processing
- One-click data export for Mobile Engage campaigns
And much more..
Yup, that’s only the tip of the iceberg – go to our Product Updates page for the full list, and make sure to watch our on-demand training and webinar recordings (I’ll keep updating that page as they become available).