GRC Tuesdays: Get Ready for the 2022 Edition of the SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management
Just over 2 years after our last onsite GRC event in Copenhagen in March 2020, and after 2 very successful virtual editions in between, we’re now back onsite for the 2022 International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management!
So, are you ready to join us in Dublin, Ireland on June 8th and 9th?
In 2020, our conference theme was “Connected Controls and Risks” and many customer case studies related to coordinating these functions to ensure an optimum response to adverse events.
In 2022, our customers have mentioned that they are again facing new obstacles, so we decided to adapt and we will be focusing the conference on “Strengthening risk, control and audit”.
Of course, strengthening risk management, internal controls, compliance and internal audit was already a line item on many business agendas long before the pandemic. But in the blink of an eye, disruptive and overnight changes put these practices under the spotlight. Tightening and adapting the way organizations manage controls, audits, and risks is no longer a matter of choice, it is core to survival.
So, what can you expect from this conference?
Modularized Pre-Conference Workshop Streams
As in previous instalments, we’ll be running pre-conference workshops during an optional half-day before the official launch of the conference.
We will still be running 2 workshop streams, but the novelty is that these streams will be split up into 3 modules each allowing attendees to switch between modules to attend the ones that they feel are most relevant to them.
- Track 1: The modules in this stream will be dedicated to creating a relevant GRC business case for the organization, and also 2 “how-to” modules. One on designing and implementing smart automated controls and one on creating your own GRC reports
- Track 2: Discover SAP Financial Compliance Management with an overview and then a deep-dive hands-on. We will also have a module on customers’ journey to SAP S/4HANA and the implications for GRC
The modules in these pre-conference workshops will be delivered by colleagues from the GRC Centre of Excellence but also GRC Solution and Product Management.
Customer Case Studies
The agenda has now been released!
Hot topics that will be covered at this year’s event and confirmed customer presentations include:
- Integrated Control Performance and Testing with SAP GRC Process Control by Hapag-Lloyd
- Internal Controls with Merck: the Journey and Highlights
- Implementing SAP Process Control at Nexperia
- Transforming Controls Monitoring with User Intelligence at Serco Business Services
- Internal Controls Beyond Ticking-the-Box; True Competitive Advantage by Neste Corporation
- SAP GRC at Zalando Payments: Turn Risks into Results
- Business Integrity Screening: an ASML Use Case Indicating the Added Value
- Case Study of a Major Utilities Company: Bringing IT General Controls to the Next Level by Riscomp
- Everything you Always Wanted to ask About Enterprise Risk and Compliance but Never Have! by SAP
- Control Transformation from SAP R/3 to SAP S/4 HANA using Signavio by Deloitte
- What’s New? Interactive Session on New Features Introduced in Recent Service Packs by SAP
- Gate Boosted Project : SAP GRC Enhancements and SAP Process Control Roll Out by L’Oréal
As in previous years, Vishal Verma – Vice President, Head of Solution Management, Risk, Compliance & Tax, and Jochen Thierer – Vice President Development, Governance, Risk & Compliance are joining us to share an overview of the latest trends in Governance, Risk, and Compliance and how the SAP solutions for GRC have evolved over time to continuously address customers’ expectations.
Going a step further, they will also provide an update on the latest developments in the offering as well as an overview of where it is headed. So make sure to attend this session to be one of the first to hear about SAP’s future plans for GRC in the Cloud!
Finally, we will also have a closing keynote dedicated to SAP Innovation that will be hosted by Chris Johnston – Head of Finance & Risk Customer Solution Adoption for EMEA North at SAP.
Flexibility is the name of the game!
Oh, and before I forget: in addition to in-person tickets and for those for which travel is still an issue or that prefer the comfort of their (remote) office, we also have digital access tickets available!
Keynote presentations and selected customer case studies will be live streamed and on-demand recordings of all plenary presentations will be made available post-event via the event platform.
I personally missed these in person conferences, the discussions and networking opportunities they offer. I was planning on attending the 2020 edition in Copenhagen before the borders were shut and I am really looking forward to meeting customers, partners and colleagues in Dublin, one of the most welcoming cities in my experience.
Find out more
Should you want to learn more about this event, then feel free to have a look at:
- Home page for the SAP Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management 2022 conference
- The detailed agenda of the conference with details on the sessions and speakers
In case you are ready to join us – either onsite or virtually, then you can already register:
I hope to see you in June in Dublin and, in the meantime, I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments either on this blog or on Twitter @TFrenehard