SAP Business Technology Platform Implementation – The Right Resources
in order to ensure a successful SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) implementation, SAP provides several tools and tips to make the implementation more efficient. Within this blog post you will find not only tools and tips available, but also the right moment to use them:
- If your issue is a product gap, not a product bug, your customer should raise an enhancement request on the Influence and Adopt Portal
- If you believe the issue is a product bug / error, log the error via the Support Portal and if necessary follow up via the various contact-channels (e.g. chat, phone, mail, …)
- For online access to available training and exams refer to the new Learning Portal full with free Learning Journeys around SAP BTP.
- If you or your customer has questions around cloud performance, security, privacy, compliance and agreements, please refer to the SAP Trust Center
- Get a complete overview of the new and changed features and functions at SAP Business Technology Platform using the SAP What’s New Viewer Tool.
- Consider the use of SAP Road Maps tool to have visibility of the future product portfolio and the Intelligent Enterprise.
- Customers and partners can search and raise their doubts in our Q&A community page.
- Learn more about the SAP Business Technology Platform on our topic page in SAP Community.
- if you are an SAP partner you have additional options:
- Ifyou experience a configuration problem, or simply don’t know how to approach a complex problem, post it on the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) Partner Community (exclusive to SAP partners)
- Certified partners can request additional guidance from SAP via the SAP BTP Technical Advisory service – check the Partner Benefits Catalog for more details and prerequisites.
- For all other topics, visit the SAP BTP-page at the SAP PartnerEdge Portal
Before raising a ticket with SAP, please ensure to review the following resources:
- Verify that your topic isn’t a question (e.g. “how to”) that can be raised in the Q&A-section of SAP BTP Community or in SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) Partner Community (in case you are a partner).
- Cloud availability Center offers a personalized dashboard focussing on relevant information about your cloud product availability and maintenance
- Guided Answers helps you troubleshoot and find solutions to your technical problem using a step-by-step guide.
- Support by Product pages stay up to date with the latest features content for a selection of SAP products.
In case you need to create a ticket consider the following items ( What is Support – What is Consulting):
- 1 problem per Incident
- Select the right component: SAP BTP Support Components – SAP Help Portal
- A relevant short text (error-related information)
- Detailed steps to reproduce the problem in your system
- Document client analysis and SAP Note search
- Appropriate priority
- Business impact of problem within operations
- (Partner) Contact Information
- Need support with your Ticket? Please reach out Customer Interaction Center
I strongly recommend to obtain the Product Support Accreditation, where you learn how to make the most out of interactions with Product Support – and it’s an easy to consume and easy to access enablement program at your own pace.
With this blog post I hope to give you visibility of some important SAP Business Technology Platform resources available to make your implementation a success!
Thanks & Enjoy it!
PS: this blog post was heavily inspired by Willian Heissler’s excellent blog post about implementation of SAP SuccessFactors HXM here: SAP Partner Successfactors Implementation – The Right Tools