Top Innovation Picks from SAP Integration and Extension Suite (Q1/2022)
This is the third edition in a blog series on the SAP Integration and Extension Suite product roadmap. My intention in this blog is to communicate our vision as well as key deliverables and innovations to our users. In this blog, I’ll show you some of the highlights of the SAP Integration Suite and SAP Extension Suite product roadmaps. Please note that the top picks are based on my personal view, and do not reflect the full set of the upcoming innovations.
Innovations in Q1/22:
- SAP Graph, the new unified API for managing business data from SAP Systems (including custom entities), is now released to our customers. Our customers are facing ever increasing requirements in their business application landscapes and the portfolio of SAP is also changing due to the new requirements. The breadth of solutions in SAP’s Intelligent Suite can challenge software developers, and SAP Graph should ease the effort in handling all the different data sources (for example SAP S/4HANA or SAP SuccessFactors). With SAP Graph, all the data are reflected as one, unified and connected data model, and are queried using modern open standards like OData v4. Find all information on SAP Graph on the Help Portal and on the Community Page!
- SAP Process Automation is now generally available to customers and helps to perform business processes more efficiently, faster and easier. It combines the power of SAP Workflow Management and SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation. With SAP Process Automation, also citizen developers with no coding expertise are now able to digitize workflows and automate business processes, which enables a more transparent process management. In addition, citizen developers can build intelligent bots to automate repetitive manual processes, use machine learning for decision assistance or save time with intelligent document processing. And for the first time, everything in one single product. SAP Process Automation will also be available within the free tier offering of SAP Business Technology Platform soon! If you want to learn more about SAP Process Automation, look at the blog post of Thomas Volmering, the Podcast and the SAP Community Call. Find all information also on the Help Portal and please be invited to join the Community.
- SAP Conversational AI, our tool to create smart chatbots, now supports Speech-To-Text interaction with the bot, using the Conversational AI Web Client. Read more about the latest release in the blog post from Paul Pinard. Visit also the Community Page for the latest news about SAP Conversational AI.
- The version 2.0 of the open source project “Kyma” has now been released and deployed into SAP BTP, Kyma runtime. To get more information, what changes become necessary with the update, take a look on the Migration Guide. Get useful information on the new version in the blog post of Marco Dorn and don’t miss to take a look on the Community Page.
- Follow up with the Roadmap Explorer, which is updated on a regular basis to always stay on top of the latest innovations.
- Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to get all product news. We will publish the next blog post at the end of Q2/2022 summarizing the highlights of the next quarter.
- Mark your calendar for SAP Sapphire 2022 beginning on May 10. SAP Sapphire world tour is a series of nine, newly designed, in-person + virtual events scheduled across the globe. It connects the community of SAP customers, prospects, partners, experts, and employees across the globe through interactive event experiences. We will present our latest innovations in numerous roadmap and customer sessions, demos, workshops and more.
Check out the SAP Sapphire Conent:
👉🏽If you don’t want to miss new content about SAP Business Technology Platform, follow the tag in the community. We are also happy to answer your questions there!