Learn about Spaces and the New Design
What are Spaces
A space is an independent and secure virtual work environment created by an administrator, in which members can acquire, prepare, and model data. The administrator can manage various settings like allocating resources to limit how much storage is available with dedicated spaces for departments, LOB’s, data domains, project teams, individuals, or other usage scenarios.
Moreover, spaces enable data sharing between IT, business units, and projects to connect global and local data.
How To Create a Space in SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
Log on to your tenant, on the side navigation area click Space Management, and click on Create to generate a new space (see Figure 1).
What has Changed with the New Space Management Design
The Space Management page has been refreshed and now loads more quickly and provides more pertinent information.
1. To open a Space you now click Edit on a Space tile.
The new space tile design provides more valuable information about the deployment status of your space settings (see Figure 2).
2. You can also now select several spaces using a checkbox to Delete them in one click.
3. You can now either click Save to save your space (and click Deploy later), or directly click Deploy to save and deploy your space to the database in one click (see Figure 4)
4. The space status Hot has been renamed to Critical, Green to Healthy, and the status Hibernated has been removed (see Figure 5).
Used Disk Bar
5. The used disk bar now provides a breakdown of the different types of data consuming disk storage by clicking on the Information button (see Figure 6).
For more information, please see Creating Spaces and Allocating Storage on the SAP Help Portal.
This covers what spaces are, how they are created in SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and what changes have been made with the new Space Management design.