User Experience Insights
Search tips for SAP Support
There are a variety of repositories available for SAP Customers as well as users without S-user IDs. Supported Customers can avail of the SAP Support Portal to search for SAP Notes and KBAs (Knowledge Based Article) in relation to their issues.
You will need an S-user ID to log into the Support Portal. You can learn everything about S-users and how to get one in this blog post.
If you want to make your search in SAP Portals more efficient, you have come to the right place. Check out the tips we have created for you below!
Knowledge Base Search
You can search for KBAs in different SAP Portals. In this blog post, we are going to focus on how to search for KBAs in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad
At the top of the page be sure you have selected Knowledge Base:
When entering your search, we suggest you follow these recommendations:
- Try being specific instead of using general terms like “error”
- Avoid using articles or prepositions
- If your system is giving you an error message, try using this exact wording in your search
- Use our filters. SAP has many repositories available, select those that apply:
Get more specific results with the next column of filter options:
We would like to highlight SAP for Me as this portal will become the single-entry point for SAP Support, see this blog post with more details on how to search KBAs.
To become a pro at finding the most relevant documentation in line with your issue, use your keyboard effectively:
- Use quotation marks for a specific phrase to search for the whole phrase rather than word by word.
- Search for key words with multiple endings by placing an asterisk (*) after your search term.
- Search for key words by replacing a character with a question mark (?)
- Type AND to search or two different terms together.
- Type OR to include to different words that you want the search to consider.
- Type NOT to exclude a term.
Keep learning about how to improve your search results with this KBA: 2081285 – How to get the best results from an SAP Knowledge Base search?
If you are interested in all the support options available for SAP Customers, you can join our Webcasts here or replay our webcast Self-Service and Incident Prevention: 3049370 – Customer Interaction Center Webcast: Self-Service and Incident Prevention
Thank you for reading!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the Q&A All Questions in Customer Experience | SAP Community and All Questions in Support Services | SAP Community
Read more #CustomerInteractionCenter blog-posts Here!