SAP Partner: SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Tools Overview
[reviewed May 2023]
Below is an overview of the tools available to support your SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation with some tips on when to use them:
- Step by Step Activate implementation methodology is provided via the Roadmap Viewer (2SL, 3SL, Baseline Activation)
- Full solution scope overview and each scope item process flow can be found in Best Practices Explorer (to be deprecated on June 30th 2023), new tool – Process Navigator is already available.
- If you have a how-to question, experience a configuration problem or have a question about product functionality – please post it in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud public edition Community
- If you want to suggest an improvement on SAP products directly to the development teams you can do it through the Customer Influence Portal
- If you are looking for information about Cloud Performance, Data Centres, Security, Privacy, Compliance and Agreements, please refer to SAP Trust Center
- Check what’s coming in the future releases in the Roadmap Explorer
- Review the latest features and functions since the last release in the What’s New Viewer
- For a customer-specific overview of deleted, deprecated, new and changed objects for each release, please access Release Assessment & Scope Dependency Tool (RASD)
- Find out all about Trial, Test and Demo Systems for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in the partner portal
- Upgrade & Maintenance Schedules can be found here for 2SL or here for 3SL (+ this blog for process details)
- Details around continuous delivery strategy can be found here
- Resources to accelerate your integrations, extensions and innovations can be found in SAP Business Accelerator Hub
- SAP Cloud ALM provides a harmonized project implementation experience and is included in cloud subscription. Follow the Master Blog for CALM for Implementation to get enabled & this Community to stay in touch with experts and events
- If you are experiencing and issue with the product that you believe is a bug or error, report an incident through SAP for Me and, if needed, follow up via the Customer Interaction Centre
Before raising an incident with SAP, please ensure to review the following resources:
- Understand the support offering that your customer is on by reviewing the Support Offerings, Support Policy for SAP Cloud Service and the Service Level Agreement.
- Understand What is Support vs What is Consulting (log into Support Portal to access)
- Explore the Product Knowledge sources (Product Documentation, Learning Journeys, Knowledge Base Articles, Guided Answers and Community)
- Complete Support Training to be empowered to interact with Product Support in the most efficient way.
- Check Cloud Availability Center for around the clock access to live availability data of your SAP Cloud services.
When Creating an incident
To avoid delays in incident processing and to minimize ping-ponging, it is important to include certain information as described in these guidelines to make the incident process smooth and effective:
- Only one issue per incident
- Appropriate priority (with business impact) and component
- Meaningful explanation with steps to reproduce the problem
- Contact information
- More details in the guidelines
Learning and Enablement resources:
- Try it out in the Tutorials for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302
- SAP CBC Tutorials library
- Attend live or review the recordings of the Onboarding Webcasts
- Enablement webinar series on Partner Portal
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Expertise Services Event Calendar
- SAP Digital Partner Enablement Platform
- Learning Hub editions explained
- A full encyclopaedia of all topics partners need to know about RISE with SAP
- Follow the Solution Consultant Learning Journey to get certified and stay current
- Join the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Learning Room
- NEW: S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition Advisory – please request this free service from the partner benefits catalogue to have 1:1 enablement on a range of topics with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition expert.
Last but not least – recommendations for customers on selecting their implementation partner can be found in the Partner Selection Guidance.
Great roundup of resources Yuliya!
This is excellent. Great job, Yuliya
Yuliya, this is really useful blog! Thank you for the detailed information provided.
Excellent summary of things one need to know w.r.t SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation journey - Yuliya Dzerhachova
Great blog Yuliya post! Very handy! 👏