SAP Partner: SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Tools Overview
[updated August 2023]
Below is an overview of the main tools available to support your SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation with some tips on when to use them:
- Step by step SAP Activate implementation methodology is provided via the Roadmap Viewer (direct link to 3SL roadmap).
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Scope Item details and accelerators can be found in SAP Signavio Process Navigator (access through SAP for Me – Services & Support – ALM – SAP Signavio Process Navigator).
- You can check what is on the roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in the Road Map Explorer.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud public edition community – is a private partner & SAP group focused on sharing implementation knowledge, if you have any how-to questions or consulting queries – please post them in this community.
- If you are looking for information about Cloud Performance, Data Centers, Security, Privacy, Compliance & Agreements – please refer to SAP Trust Center.
- If you have an improvement suggestions for the product development teams, or would like to review and add your vote to the existing suggestions – please visit the Customer Influence portal.
- Release Navigator is the new tool for all upgrade-related content and resources (blog), including enablement, upgrade schedules (blog), related tools like What’s New Viewer, Release Assessment (aka RASD that provides customer-specific impact analysis) and Help portal documentation.
- Resources to accelerate your integrations, extensions and innovations can be found in SAP Business Accelerator Hub.
- SAP Cloud ALM provides harmonized project experience and is included in cloud subscription. Follow the Master Blog for CALM for Implementation to get enabled and this community to stay in touch with CALM experts and events.
- All information about partner Test, Demo & Development systems is available on the partner portal; for SAP S/4HANA Cloud TDD system onboarding and set up instructions, please review this enablement package.
Before raising an incident with SAP, please ensure to review the following:
- Understand What is Support vs What is Consulting
- Check the details of the support offering that your customer is on by reviewing the Support Offerings, Support Policy for SAP Cloud Service and the Service Level Agreement.
- Explore the Product Knowledge sources (Product Documentation, Knowledge Base Articles, Guided Answers and Community)
- Check Cloud Availability Center for around the clock access to live availability data of your SAP Cloud services.
- Review and share with your customer this guide on Incident Management.
- Complete Support Training to be empowered to interact with Product Support in the most efficient way.
When creating and incident
- To avoid delays in incident processing and to minimize ping-ponging, it is important to follow these guidelines to make the incident process smooth and effective.
- Please also review support webcasts regularly to stay up to date on the latest support tools, news and processes.
Learning and Enablement resources:
- Tutorials for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2308
- CBC Tutorials library
- Customer Onboarding Webcasts
- Partner portal enablement series
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Expertise Services Event Calendar
- Consider requesting S/4HANA Cloud public edition advisory service (no cost) for a 60-min 1:1 session with a dedicated topic expert.
- Review the Knowledge Centers in the Community: LoB topics, Cross Topics, Lessons Learnt.
- SAP Digital Partner Enablement Platform
- Learning Hub editions explained
- Follow the Solution Consultant Learning Journey to get certified and stay current
- Partner Selection Guidance for customers
Let me know if you think I missed an important tool or resource that you use.