SAP Analytics Cloud – Landscape Architecture gets an update
My article “Landscape Architecture & Life-cycle Management” that I published back in April 2020 has remained entirely valid since, however I’ve just updated it. Since the article is very popular, I thought I’d summarise what’s new this this latest edition:
- Added a new section for Bring Your Own Key. This highlights the new capabilities for Private Editions
- The wave version numbers have been updated to reflect those for the current year
- Added two new sections to address questions around the mixing of ‘Public and Private Editions’ and also ‘Productive and Test Services’ within the landscape
- A special note for the life-cycle management of live connections
- This is to avoid a problem when ‘Custom Groups’ are created within a Story of one environment (dev) and then transported to another (prod). Although the ‘Custom Groups’ are stored within the story, they are actually associated to the connection ID. So, if the connection id in the target (prod) is different, then you won’t be able to re-use those Custom Groups you created in the source (dev). Custom Groups are currently only available for BW live connections.
There are a few other minor updates. For those that like the Microsoft PowerPoint format, you’ll see all updated slides have the version number in the ‘notes’ section if it was updated.
I’ve also moved the article out of the wiki page into the blog page itself
Your feedback is most welcome, but please post you question to the original blog, not here! It will just help other customers so they can see all the questions in one place and not multiple. Feel free to hit the ‘like’ button to indicate its usefulness 😉
Matthew Shaw @MattShaw_on_BI