How to map a “picklist” field from Employee Central – Position Management to Job Requisition without Lookup Picklist Mapping object and using externalCode? – Recruiting [oData API]
It is a common requirement from many customers around the possibility to use a picklist field on the job requisition that can be mapped to and prefilled from the position. Currently, the picklist values can be mapped through OData API from picklist fields in position object to the optionId of the picklist in job requisition. In order to do so, we need to define this mapping with the help of an additional object (lookup picklist object) that contains both the code and the optionId value. This is explained in KBA: How to map Picklist fields in EC Position Management to RCM Integration with oData API – Recruiting Management. With this lookup mapping object, it needs to be setup and maintained whenever there is a new value added in the picklist. This is an additional maintenance for any customer.
This blog explains about the workaround solution that can be used to map a “picklist” field from Employee Central – Position Management to Job Requisition without Lookup Picklist Mapping object and using externalCode of the picklist value. This solution explained here minimises the manual maintenance of the look up mapping object where by the system automatically identifies the new values based on the unique externalCodes.
- Both Employee Central Position Management and Recruiting have been enabled and configured in the system.
- The externalCode of the “picklist value” (not picklist) should be unique. This means that No two picklist values should have the same externalCode in the system. For example, picklist YesNo with two values Yes and No and YesNoMaybe with there values should not have the same externalCode for Yes (Y), No (N). The externalCode has to be unique for each value.
- Navigate to Admin Center> Position Management Settings> Integration
- Open the business rule assigned under Field Mapping Rule to Create Job Requisition from Position
- Edit or add the rule statement with reference to the externalCode of picklist value using the format function
Once mapped successfully, ensure to run an oData API Metadata Refresh and Export before testing by creating the job requisition.
Note: The field mapping can be done through other ways also like label and other fields. This blog is one of the ways to configure the field mapping apart from the recommended way of mapping by SAP using the PicklistOption entity (KBA: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2361220).
Please provide your feedback and any question in the comments section. I would also encourage you to ask any SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting related questions through the community portal: https://answers.sap.com/tags/67837800100800006356