eDocument: Italy E-Invoicing – Process Flow
This blog post is about “eDocument: Electronic Invoicing for Italy” for integrating SAP Document and Reporting Compliance and SDI. The integration is required to enable sending and receiving electronic documents (such as e-invoices) to and from Italy SDi respectively.
I would like to share my experience of the requirement I have come across that is of sending B2B invoices from SAP E-Document Compliance to SDI.
The Standard package used for the integration: SAP Document and Reporting Compliance: Electronic Invoicing for Italy
This consists of 5 I-flows artifacts namely:
- Italy Receive Invoice
- Italy Receive Notification
- Italy Send Invoice
- Italy Send Outcome Notification
- Italy Xml to Html Transformation
In our case, we have the business requirement for sending only B2B invoices (not B2G invoices) from SAP Doc Compliance to Italy SDi government, hence we didn’t use Aruba Sign In Service for signing the invoices.
The artifacts used for enabling the integration:
- Italy Send Invoice – To send B2B Invoices to Italy Govt. (SdI). – Same artifacts can be used for B2G invoices.
- Italy Receive Notification – To receive Notifications related to Inbound and Outbound Invoices from Italy Govt. (SdI).
- Italy Receive Invoice – To receive B2B invoices from Italy Govt. (SdI). – Same artifacts can be used for B2G invoices.
Below 2 are not used as:
- Italy Send Outcome Notification – used to Send Outcome Notifications related to Inbound B2G Invoices to the Exchange System (SdI))
- Italy Xml to Html Transformation – used to Transform Xml to Html format (Including extension possibility) – The config of the artifacts is based on custom business requirement.
SAP CPI artifacts (mentioned below in column ARTIFACT NAME) should be configured and deployed which will generate the CPI endpoints (mentioned below in column PATH). This step can be completed by following the standard artifacts documentation.
SOAMANAGER Webservices (mentioned in column CONSUMER PROXY) Configuration should be completed at SAP S/4 side using the SAP CPI endpoints for connecting SAP S/4 with SAP CPI.
Channel Registration Process provided on SAP KBA 2583309 should be implemented for connecting SAP CPI with SDI and carrying out interoperability test.
Below process flows will give you a quick recap for:
- Sending invoices from E-Doc Cockpit to Exchange System (SDi)
- Receiving invoices from SDI into Integration Suite Datastore and E-Doc Cockpit via Pull and Delete SOA consumer proxies.
- Receiving notifications for inbound and outbound invoices from/to SDI into Integration Suite Datastore and E-Doc Cockpit will pull those notifications into E-Doc Cockpit and after successful pull, E-Doc Cockpit will delete them from Integration Suite Datastores via Pull and Delete SOA consumer proxies.
Note: Below process flows are not standard that are available from SAP. While they are manually created by the writer to give the audience a quick recap of the process flow of Italy E-invoicing.
Points to note:
Although the above images of the process flows are themselves self-explanatory, however, below points are to be noted:
1. For the inbound process flows – Italy Receive Invoice and Italy Receive Notification, the invoices and notification payloads will be pushed by SDI to SAP CPI Datastores.
- SAP S/4 (E-Doc Cockpit) will pull the Italy Invoices from SAP CPI Datastore via the Pull SOA Consumer proxy. Post successful Pull, SAP S/4 (E-Doc Cockpit) will delete Italy invoices from CPI Datastores via the Delete SOA Consumer proxy.
- Same process would be followed for Italy Receive Notifications.
2. For the outbound process flow – Italy Send Invoice, the invoices will be pushed by SAP S/4 (E-Doc Cockpit) to CPI and further CPI will push the invoices to SDi.
In case of any questions and for quick onboarding and implementation, you can access “SAP Document and Reporting Compliance – Early customer engagement“ JAM Group
How to access JAM?
To request for an access, an email needs to be sent to email@example.com including the SAP Jam page name and URL address.
For more information and supported documentation, you can access SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for Italy Lessons content.
Hope you had a good read.
If you wish to know more, or have any queries on this blog post, then please feel free to drop a comment.
Thanks for sharing a very useful information. i am able to generate outgoing invoice in EDOC_COCKPIT ,please tell me how to test incoming invoice from SDI because initially we have to check invoice (doc type KR) within our own system(without connecting SDI) here how to get xml from within our system( for testing).
KR is document type for vendor invoice.
If you need a Sample XML file you have to ask for it from your company. You company , if Italy based, have access to SDI to get the XML files.