Changing Ecosystem of SAP
Let me just start with the fact that SAP is evolving its ecosystem with emergence of newer offerings and products.
There has been a great push from SAP for S/4HANA and cloud based applications supported on SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform). With introduction of S/4HANA , their business suite has been merged into it. So i could see no reason for SAP to continue with their Netweaver based products.
As a matter of fact SAP has come up with a very clear strategy which they call “Innovation Commitment for SAP S/4HANA until 2040 Clarity and Choice on SAP Business Suite 7”
On February 4, 2020, SAP has announced an innovation commitment for SAP S/4HANA until the end of 2040. This means that until 2040, there will be always at least one release of SAP S/4HANA in maintenance.
At the same time, SAP will provide mainstream maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 core applications until end of 2027. This offboarding phase will be followed by optional extended maintenance until end of 2030.
Following mainstream maintenance, SAP will offer customers choice on maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 core applications from 2028 onwards:
- Customers needing support for their Business Suite 7 core applications in longer conversion phases to SAP S/4HANA can choose the extended maintenance offering. This comes with a premium of two percent points on the maintenance basis for all support offerings for the scope of SAP Business Suite 7. It will be available for three years from the beginning of 2028 until the end of 2030.
- Customers who do not opt for the extended maintenance, or where extended maintenance has ended, will receive customer specific maintenance for their SAP Business Suite 7 applications.
Below is the diagrammatic view of SAP mainstream maintenance end strategy.
CEO of SAP highlights “Our customers show us that SAP S/4HANA is their future direction and that they expect a long-term commitment from SAP to this platform,” said Christian Klein.
Since introducing the cloud extension model in 2013 SAP has been helping customers transition their landscapes from an on-premise to a hybrid cloud strategy non-disruptively, including offerings from SAP companies like SAP Ariba and SAP SuccessFactors
Based on their existing investments in SAP software, customers can decide to reallocate elements of their installed on-premise solutions to the respective public cloud or private managed cloud solutions from SAP, replacing on-premise license and maintenance with public cloud or private managed cloud subscription. Such transactions assume an expanded investment with cloud solutions from SAP, given the substantial added value from this new hybrid scenario.
To support this cause further SAP has come up with program ” RISE with SAP ”
RISE with SAP is a comprehensive solution with:
- Outcome-driven services from SAP and partners
- Cloud ERP for every business need
- Analytics and business process intelligence
- Industry next practices and extensibility
It basically an SAP service that lets you transform your business to digital age.
So to conclude SAP is taking its leap of faith with new Cloud enabled Solutions and their revolutionary S/4HANA. I would love to hear the feedbacks and thoughts of everyone.
Thanks and have a Great Day and Happy Learning !!