SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape)
The implementation roadmap is updated frequently to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape.
November 21st Release Notes
- Updated task, Handover of Requirements to Integration Expert, to include references to SAP Cloud ALM functionality.
- Text refresh for task Document Extensibility requirements
- Task Transport Configuration to the Test System updated based on customer feedback.
- Removed the requirement of submitting a Service Incident from the procedure of task, Set Production System to Live. This is no longer required.
November 7th Release Notes
- Addition of new task Assign Resources and Refine Project Tasks in SAP Cloud ALM. This task details the process of assign teams or people to tasks in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Task Direct and Manage Project Execution was refreshed in the Explore, Realize and Deploy Phases to address handling of project monitoring in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Creation of new deliverable Sprint Planning and Execution to document the overall sprint handling process. This includes the creation/refresh of the following tasks and updates to existing accelerators:
- New task Plan the Sprint including accelerator Agile Release Planning
- New Task Execute the Sprint including accelerators:
- Refresh of task Close the Sprint and accelerator Agile Sprint Retrospective Template
- Updates to procedure steps and notes to task Activate New Scope or Country/Region
- Refresh of task details, including accelerators, for task Verify Data for Fit-to-Standard Workshop .
- New task Maintain Data and Setting for Treasury Management (Optional) created and added to deliverable Required Configuration Before System Use – SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated task Conduct Workshop by Business Process Area to simplify procedure steps and further enhance the CALM related content.
- Task Document Data and Setting Requirements updated to include additional steps to highlight all types of data & setting including used for configuration setting in transports, one time initiation, etc.
- Refresh of procedure steps in task Finance – Conduct Workshop.
- Accelerator updates in task Organizational Structure – Conduct Workshop.
- Updates to task Create Manual Test Cases with SAP Cloud ALM.
- Addition of the topic XM Transformation to the following areas:
October 24th Release Notes
- Renamed the roadmap from ‘SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape’ to ‘SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition (3-system landscape) to adopt the official public Cloud name.
- Updated task, Document Integration Requirements, to include addition SAP Cloud ALM instructions.
- Updated task, Document Extensibility Requirements, to include addition SAP Cloud ALM instructions.
- Updated task, Handover of Requirements for Extensions to Developer, to include a procedure step for using the SAP Cloud ALM app, Requirements, and User Story functionality. Added a procedure note pointing to the Export Portal accelerator and additional documentation.
- Removed outdated tags from task Correct and Re-run Test Plan.
- Updated accelerator links in the following Extensibility task Collect Details for Extensions.
- Added a procedure note to the task Set Up Starter Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration: The main purpose of the customizing tenant of Starter System is to run through standard business processes during fit to the standard workshop”.
- Updated description of deliverable Initial System Access for SAP Central Business Configuration and Initial System Access for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Starter System, to reflect the main purpose of the usage of each tenant: Starter Customizing tenant is designed to run through standard business processes during fit to standard workshop. The recommended use of the Starter Development tenant is mainly for exploring available APIs, CDS view and released developer objects
- Bundled all the starter systems access under one deliverable, “Request Initial System Access.”
October 10th Release Notes:
- Task Access Starter System updated with a note about the 30-day decommissioning of the starter system.
- Note added about the 30-day decommissioning of the starter system added in task Request the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Production System.
- Updates to prerequisite steps and procedure notes in task Initial Access to SAP for Me
- Addition of a prerequisite step in the task Request SAP Cloud ALM and Request SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Task Request SAP Central Business Configuration Tenant updated with a statement that customers can only see the Starter Customizing tenant in SAP for Me only after the CBC is provisioned and the workspaces for Starter and Dev projects are available.
- The user onboarding process in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud starter system has been updated and improved in the following tasks:
- Added a procedure note to task, Define the Implementation Strategy, to direct new customers to the documentation on SAP Cloud ALM during the Discover phase.
- Add deliverable, Solution Scope, and task, Determine Process Scope, to accommodate the scoping process and highlight the benefit of using SAP Cloud ALM for scoping.
- Updated the task, Confirm Backlog, with two new procedure notes that reference the requirements functionality in SAP Cloud ALM.
- Addition of new task Complete the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Learning Courses.
- Delivable Customer Team Enablement enhanced with two new tasks: Access the SAP Enterprise Support Value Map for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Join the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Learning Room .
September 26th Release Notes
- Consolidated several Conduct Workshop tasks under deliverable, Fit-to-Standard Analysis, into one task, Conduct Workshop by Business Process Area. Include the business areas and a common procedure in the task text.
- Updates to the SAP for Me – Customer Dashboards > Systems and Provisioning accelerator. This accelerator can be found in the followings tasks:
- Sequence of tasks under deliverable Request Initial System Access adjusted accordingly
- Procedure updates to task Transport Configuration to the Test System
- New task Document Extensibility Requirements added to help capture extensibility requirements in a newly created extensibility template. The new template, Extensibility Functional Specifications Template, is available as an accelerator in the new task.
September 12th Release Notes
- Updated task Correct and Re-run Test Plan with new procedure notes and new accelerator SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation Expert Portal – Defect Management.
- Addition of new task Set Up and Integrate the Automation Tool. This task discusses using SAP Cloud ALM Tool for setting up and using the Test Automation Tool. Alternatively, provide guidelines for setting up Third-Party Testing Tools.
- New task Setup Output Management added to Deliverable Solution Configuration
August 29th Release Notes
- Added a link to the E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA Cloud in task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Refresh of accelerator SAP Cloud ALM Test Preparation in task Create Manual Test Cases.
- Task Request the IFRS 15 “Bundling Functionality” (Optional) moved from Prepare phase to Realize phase under Solution Configuration.
- New consistency check procedure note added to task Set Up Customizing Tenant in SAP CBC.
- New recommendation of release CBC transport in time added to procedure note of task Set Up Starter Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Rephrased foreign key check to consistency check in task Transport Configuration to Test System task
- Added new procedure step 6 to highlight the deployment step and moved the procedure note of foreign key check (rephrased to consistency check) to the procedure step in task Activate New Scope or Country/Region.
- Rephrased foreign key check to consistency check with procedure step 4 in Review and Process Hotfix Collection for business content updates.
- Differentiated the auto release of transport request vs. scheduling of the import, forward in Test and Production in task Review and Process Hotfix Collection
- Updated task Evaluate New Functionality with new procedure step to reference the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Restriction accelerator (existing accelerator used in task Review Overview Documentation ). Also added procedure step to initiate project planning when introducing new feature and function to users.
August 15th Release Notes
- Updated accelerator SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape Starter System Provisioning Process accelerator, available in task Review Overview Documentation. The accelerator has been enhanced to simplify the understanding of the provisioning process.
- Refresh of task Ensure Project Team Members have access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities to include information on how to create an SAP Universal ID. In addition new accelerator SAP Universal ID was created and added to the task.
- New accelerator SAP S/4HANA Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) Release Activities – Action Required added to the following task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs in the Realize and Run Phases. The procedural notes in this task were updated accordingly.
- Added a new procedure note to tasks, Execute Data Migration Using Staging Tables and Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. Maintenance downtimes on the weekends should be considered when planning data migration processes. In addition, a new accelerator, SAP Note 3024158 – Blue-Green Deployment for Hotfix Collection for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, was added to both tasks.
- Refresh of accelerators in task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users
- New accelerator, Create Manual Test Case, added to task Create Manual Test Cases.
- Refresh of following tasks in Analytics Workstream
- Review Scope Items and Requirements for Embedded Analytics
- Review Scope Items and Requirements for Strategic Analytics (Optional)
- Determine Extensions of Reports
- Determine Details for Customer-Driven Analytics
- Review and Customer Sign off for Analytics
- Document Analytics Requirement
- Handover of Requirements of Analytics Expert
- New Tasks were added to provide guidance on implementation and integration of SAP BTP Apps:
- Task Set Up Integration using Cloud Integration Automation Service updated with additional guidance related about using CIAS procedures for SAP BTP apps.
- New accelerator, Treasury Workshop Planning, added to task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Streamlined the accelerators in task, Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process, by consolidating information. Updates were made to accelerator How to Approach Fit-to-standard
2208 Release Notes
- Task Develop and Transport Developer Extensions updated with addition guidance(including new accelerators) on using ATC and ABAP unit for testing of extensibility development objects
- Task Create Users in the Development System was updated to reflect the reference to app, Import employee, to app, Manage Workforce. The app, Import Employee, was depreciated
- Updated procedure steps in task, Change Test Data Using Data Variant, to improve flow and readability.
July 1st Release Notes
- New partner demo landscape content created to support the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape solution. Partners can leverage this demo environment to support and offer more to their customers.
- Additional guidance on Transportation Management in the S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape. Review and update of text, procedures and accelerators related to transport management throughout the entire methodology
- Initial transport from CBC for scope activation and org structure setup will be subject to automatic foreign key check upon deployment to S/4HANA Customizing Tenant of Development System. The following tasks are enhanced with a procedure note when this check is applicable:
- Provided link to the separate Upgrade of SAP S/4HANA Cloud roadmap in Prepare and Process Upgrade
- Highlighted new behavior of content update and upgrade deployment from SAP Central Business Configuration to S4HANA Cloud systems in Review and Process Hotfix Collection and Deploy Upgraded Business Content for business content upgrades
- SAP Cloud ALM can now be requested via SAP for Me. In SAP for Me customers can request system access, view and understand product entitlements, find relevant triggers for actions or further exploration.
- Procedure updated in task Request SAP Cloud ALM Tenant.
- Updated accelerator Help – Requesting SAP Cloud ALM.
- New SAP for Me accelerators added:
- Key 3-system landscape accelerators added to task Review Overview Documentation
May 9th Release Notes
- New task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1)added to the deliverables Integration Setup in the Test System and Integration Setup in the Production System.
- Refresh of task Set Up Starter Development Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration to update procedure steps and include accelerator SAP Note 3088062 – Identifying local APIs for S/4HANA Cloud (Public)
- Update to procedure steps for Development tenant tasks based on customer feedback:
- Updated text and procedure steps for task Develop and Transport Key-User Extensions
- Refresh of task Develop and Transport Developer Extensions with updated procedure steps and new accelerator Help – Transport Organizer.
- New accelerator Blog – Accelerate SAP Cloud Solution Adoption With New Templates In SAP Activate added to task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept
- Update to the text for task Transport Configuration to distinguish the Customizing Tenant of Development system
- New accelerator Chart of Account Configuration – Overview added to the following tasks:
- Addition of a procedure notes to indicate the users who should be working in the Development tenant in tasks:
- Updated the procedure in task, Document Identity and Access Management. Added new accelerator, Help – Manage Your SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Identity and Access Management.
- Addition of procedure note to notify customers that some configuration values cannot be changed in CBC once the system is active to the following tasks:
- Refresh of task Access SAP Central Business Configuration Tenant with updated procedure steps for Identity Authentication Service
- Updates to procedure steps in task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Development System to clarify that the business roles template can be used in the Quality System for testing only and that SAP strongly recommends the creation of Custom business roles to be used in the production system
- Refresh of task Transport Configuration to the Test System to update procedure steps and include accelerator Help – 3-System Landscape and Transport Management.
March 14 Release Notes
- New task Select the Right Cloud Partner added to the Deliverable Cloud Mindset Assessment.
- Refresh of task Manage Settings in Test / Production System to update procedure steps and include accelerator Help – Local Setting in a 3-system Landscape.
- Updates to the following tasks to include the newly released Foreign key check automation:
- New task Document Business Process Target State added to the Fit-to-State Process.
- New accelerator SAP Note 3139304 – Automatic Activation of Advanced Valuations added to task Activate New Scope or Country/Region in the Explore, Realize, and Run Phases.
- Updates to procedure steps for task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Refresh of task Activate New Scope or Country/Region to update procedure steps and reassign accelerators
- Update to procedure steps for task Forward initial configuration from Test System to Production System to ensure testing occurs in Test System prior to transport to Production System
- Refresh text for deliverable Request the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Production System to clarify when to request the Production System.
- New tasks Change Test Data Using Data Variant and Create Test Plan added to Deliverable Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- New accelerator Blogs – SAP Central Business Configuration Search in the SAP Community added to tasks Self-Enable on SAP Central Business Configuration and Access the SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Addition of accelerator Help – Key User Extensibility to tasks
- Refresh of task Check External Tax Partner Interface with updated procedure steps and new accelerator Help – Manage External Tax Postings.
- Removed the Solution Adaption workstream deliverable, Enablement Assessment, and related tasks.
- Updated text and procedure steps for task Conduct Enablement Strategy Research and Interviews.
- Addition of two new accelerators: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud Service Partner Selection Guidance accelerator help customers get more insight on the process of selecting the right partner for a Cloud-centric implementation and SAP Partner Finder tool to help search and select the right cloud implementation partner. Both can be found in task Select the Right Cloud Partner.
February 28 Release Notes
- Update of text of task Access Test System based on Early Preview feedback.
- Refresh of text and accelerators for task Document Expert Configuration. Note addition of accelerator Configuration Activity.
- Text updates for task Document Configuration Values. Also includes addition of accelerator Configuration Activity.xlsm.
2022 Release Notes
- Consolidated multiple testing accelerators into one accelerator link, Help – Testing in SAP S/4HANA. This accelerator is used in multiple Testing workstream.
- Refresh of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud provisioning emails to incorporate new design provided by marketing.
- Addition of new accelerator, SAP for Me – Customer Dashboards > Systems and Provisioning, added to tasks Request the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Development System / Initial Setup and Request SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New accelerator, Open SAP course – Introduction to ABAP in the Cloud, added to task Self-Enable on Extensibility
- SAP Central Business Configuration tasks updated with new accelerator Help – Project Experience – User Guide (3-System Landscape).
- Procedure steps updated with detail instructions for ticket creation for faster and more accurate routing of the ticket:
- Updated text for task Set Up Starter Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Task Set Up Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration enhanced with new descriptive text.
- Addition of Foreign Key Check details into task Deploy Upgraded Business Content.
- New accelerator Intelligent Situation Handling added to task Identify Business Processes for Situation Handling.
- Updated accelerators in task Document Identity and Access Management.
- Refresh of text and accelerators in task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Development System.
- Add a procedure note to task Review Hotfix Collection Information on how to determine the corrections included in a hotfix collection.
- Refresh of text and accelerators to task Transport Configuration.
- Added task Self Enable on BTP Integration Suite to help users become familiar with use of BTP Integration Suite for customer driven integrations. Included in the task are new accelerators to help provided additional guidance.
- Added accelerator S/4HANA Cloud – Integration Scope Items in SAP Best Practices Explorer to the task Document Integration .
- New accelerator, Discover and request SAP S_4HANA_APIs, added to task Determine Details for Customer-Driven Integrations.
- Added a new accelerator, Blog SAP API Business Hub, to task Determine Details for Customer-Driven Integrations.
- Procedure notes added to task Set Up Integrations in the Test Tenant.
- Task Set Up Integrations in the Production System enhanced with additional procedure steps.
- Addition of accelerator Blog: SAP S/4HANA Extensibility: A Learning Journey to task Check for Sample Scenario in SAP Extensibility Explorer
- New accelerator, SAP Tutorials for Developers, to task Develop and Setup of Classic Extension in the Development Landscape
- Additional guidance on setting up SAP Central Business Configuration provided in new accelerator, Help: Project Experience – User Guide (3-System Landscape). This new accelerator can be found in SAP Central Business Configuration tasks.
- Updated accelerator links in task Detail Design for Developer Extensibility.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA.” This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #SAPS4HANAValueSeries