SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape
The implementation roadmap is updated frequently to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape.
March 14 Release Notes
- New task Select the Right Cloud Partner added to the Deliverable Cloud Mindset Assessment.
- Refresh of task Manage Settings in Test / Production System to update procedure steps and include accelerator Help – Local Setting in a 3-system Landscape.
- Updates to the following tasks to include the newly released Foreign key check automation:
- New task Document Business Process Target State added to the Fit-to-State Process.
- New accelerator SAP Note 3139304 – Automatic Activation of Advanced Valuations added to task Activate New Scope or Country/Region in the Explore, Realize, and Run Phases.
- Updates to procedure steps for task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Refresh of task Activate New Scope or Country/Region to update procedure steps and reassign accelerators
- Update to procedure steps for task Forward initial configuration from Test System to Production System to ensure testing occurs in Test System prior to transport to Production System
- Refresh text for deliverable Request the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Production System to clarify when to request the Production System.
- New tasks Change Test Data Using Data Variant and Create Test Plan added to Deliverable Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- New accelerator Blogs – SAP Central Business Configuration Search in the SAP Community added to tasks Self-Enable on SAP Central Business Configuration and Access the SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Addition of accelerator Help – Key User Extensibility to tasks
- Refresh of task Check External Tax Partner Interface with updated procedure steps and new accelerator Help – Manage External Tax Postings.
- Removed the Solution Adaption workstream deliverable, Enablement Assessment, and related tasks.
- Updated text and procedure steps for task Conduct Enablement Strategy Research and Interviews.
- Addition of two new accelerators: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud Service Partner Selection Guidance accelerator help customers get more insight on the process of selecting the right partner for a Cloud-centric implementation and SAP Partner Finder tool to help search and select the right cloud implementation partner. Both can be found in task Select the Right Cloud Partner.
February 28 Release Notes
- Update of text of task Access Test System based on Early Preview feedback.
- Refresh of text and accelerators for task Document Expert Configuration. Note addition of accelerator Configuration Activity.
- Text updates for task Document Configuration Values. Also includes addition of accelerator Configuration Activity.xlsm.
2022 Release Notes
- Consolidated multiple testing accelerators into one accelerator link, Help – Testing in SAP S/4HANA. This accelerator is used in multiple Testing workstream.
- Refresh of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud provisioning emails to incorporate new design provided by marketing.
- Addition of new accelerator, SAP for Me – Customer Dashboards > Systems and Provisioning, added to tasks Request the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Development System / Initial Setup and Request SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New accelerator, Open SAP course – Introduction to ABAP in the Cloud, added to task Self-Enable on Extensibility
- SAP Central Business Configuration tasks updated with new accelerator Help – Project Experience – User Guide (3-System Landscape).
- Procedure steps updated with detail instructions for ticket creation for faster and more accurate routing of the ticket:
- Updated text for task Set Up Starter Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Task Set Up Customizing Tenant in SAP Central Business Configuration enhanced with new descriptive text.
- Addition of Foreign Key Check details into task Deploy Upgraded Business Content.
- New accelerator Intelligent Situation Handling added to task Identify Business Processes for Situation Handling.
- Updated accelerators in task Document Identity and Access Management.
- Refresh of text and accelerators in task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Development System.
- Add a procedure note to task Review Hotfix Collection Information on how to determine the corrections included in a hotfix collection.
- Refresh of text and accelerators to task Transport Configuration.
- Added task Self Enable on BTP Integration Suite to help users become familiar with use of BTP Integration Suite for customer driven integrations. Included in the task are new accelerators to help provided additional guidance.
- Added accelerator S/4HANA Cloud – Integration Scope Items in SAP Best Practices Explorer to the task Document Integration .
- New accelerator, Discover and request SAP S_4HANA_APIs, added to task Determine Details for Customer-Driven Integrations.
- Added a new accelerator, Blog SAP API Business Hub, to task Determine Details for Customer-Driven Integrations.
- Procedure notes added to task Set Up Integrations in the Test Tenant.
- Task Set Up Integrations in the Production System enhanced with additional procedure steps.
- Addition of accelerator Blog: SAP S/4HANA Extensibility: A Learning Journey to task Check for Sample Scenario in SAP Extensibility Explorer
- New accelerator, SAP Tutorials for Developers, to task Develop and Setup of Classic Extension in the Development Landscape
- Additional guidance on setting up SAP Central Business Configuration provided in new accelerator, Help: Project Experience – User Guide (3-System Landscape). This new accelerator can be found in SAP Central Business Configuration tasks.
- Updated accelerator links in task Detail Design for Developer Extensibility.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA.” This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #SAPS4HANAValueSeries