Common Issues with Solutions for Manage RFQs app
In this blog, we will look at some of the issues that commonly arise while you work with the Manage RFQ application. We have curated some common user incidents that are reported and the solutions that worked, for each of them. Read on:
Issue 1: Unable to create Purchase Info Record automatically due to Planned Delivery Time
There may be multiple causes behind this error. One of them, could be the missing master data during the creation of the purchasing info record. To solve this, ensure that you have maintained a default value for Planned Delivery Time, either in Supplier or Material.
Follow any of the below set of steps:
For Business Partner Master:
- Call Tile Maintain Business Partner (BP).
2.Set a Planned Delivery Time in the Purchasing Data
In case you are unable to find the relevant field in your system, try this:
- Find and access the relevant business partner
- Change the value in Display in BP role to Supplier
- Click on the tab Purchasing seen on the top
- Under Purchasing Data, among the default Values for Material, you will see that the Planned Delivery Time: 0
For the Material Master
1. Call Tile Change Material (MM02).
2. Set a Planned Delivery Time in the MRP2 tab.
You can find the Planned Delivery Time in your system using the following steps:
- Access Manage Product Master Data application
- Search for the relevant material
- In the Plants tab, Under MRP Data, you will see Planned Delivery Time: 0
- For the tab Legal Transactions, the test process step ‘Monitor Request for Quotation Items’ has resulted in an error.
- The legal transaction tab is not visible in the Manage RFQ app
There may be multiple underlying causes for such app behavior.
One fix that could work for both scenarios, is to customize legal transaction and maintain the linked object type for Request for Quotation.
- Take the customizing path: SPRO -> Enterprise Contract Management -> General Settings -> Define Linked Object Types.
Here, maintain the linked object type as Request for Quotation
- In your cloud system, access the SSC UI path; here in the Implementation cockpit, you can access the Manage your solution
- Go to Configure your solution and filter for application area: Application Platform and Infrastructure
- Look for sub application Area: Enterprise Contract Management and Assembly
Under configuration steps, you will see Define linked object types, where you can maintain the entries for RFQ.
Note: Do check that the scope item 1XV is active. If not, activate this scope item and upgrade your system.
Hope these solutions help you navigate the challenges and improve the way your applications work for you.
Feel free to give your feedback or ask questions in the comments section below.
Additionally, you can write to, or post your questions in the forum:
For more information about Manage RFQs , look up: Manage RFQs – SAP Help Portal.