Changes in cross components applications in S/4HANA 2021
In this blog, you will get to know the latest cross application components released in S/4HANA 2021.
Recently we upgraded our system to the latest on-premise version – SAP S/4HANA 2021. With every new version, there are many new features in all the SAP domains. This article is to call out few of the changes in technical and cross component area which I noticed and found useful in S/4HANA 2021.
- Deprecation of Data Migration Cockpit (transaction LTMC)
The Web Dynpro application ‘Data Migration Cockpit (transaction LTMC)’ is deprecated in latest on-premise version. We are using Fiori app Migrate Your Data – Migration Cockpit. It is the successor app and already the default data migration app on the SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Deprecation of SAP Design Studio Apps
SAP Design Studio apps are no longer supported and as per SAP these apps will be deleted from the system as of SAP S/4HANA 2022. These apps are replaced by Web dynpro apps.
- Additional functionalities in View Browser
SAP has added more functionalities in view browser like
- View the Supported Capabilities and Modeling Pattern of the CDS views
- Display the analytical queries using Web Dynpro Grid (option highlighted in red)
- Create multi-dimensional reports using the Web Dynpro template
- View the Transactional view type
- SAP Note Assistant
I found the new SAP note assistant in S/4HANA 2021. The landing page has improved search and browser functionalities. The processing of SAP Notes is simplified too.
Old version still exists and t-code is SNOTE_OLD
Screen shot of new SAP note assistant; T-code – SNOTE
- Share Bookmarks in Web Dynpro Apps
We can create bookmarks in Web Dynpro apps to save the table and graphical display setting and share these bookmarks and make them available to all users.
More information: Create and share bookmarks in web dynpro apps
- Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported
We can open the SAP applications in these browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft New Edge (Chromium) and Safari instead of IE 11. More info: Check out this blog.
- Additional keyboard actions in Fiori
I have recently noticed that SAP has added additional keyboard actions to improve the accessibility in Fiori. You can try those too, they work well.
In the home page, additional keyboard actions are:
- F6 – move between the header bar, the group panel, and the home page.
- Arrow keys – move between the tiles in a group.
- Ctrl + arrow keys – move a tile in a group.
- Delete – delete a group or a tile.
- Page Up/Page Down – move to the first tile of the previous group or of the following group.
- Home/End – move between the first tile and the last tile on the home page.
For further information on SAP S/4HANA 2021, feel free to use the following links: What’s New in S/4HANA 2021
Check SAP community for Q& A.
Thank you everyone who has read this content! Please let me know your comments. I will be pleased to answer your questions!
See you next blog!