ABAP Texts Translation with SAP Translation Hub – Part 2
This blog is in continuation of the earlier blog , where we looked at how we can do ABAP translations using SAP Translations Hub UI Workflow. In this blog we will look at the second option of translating ABAP text using report “RS_LXE_MLTR_GET_TEXTS_FOR_OL” and using Translation Hub service from the on-premise system directly.
The flow of activities will be like shown below.
Setting up translation environment in transaction “LXE_MASTER”
First step will be to set up translation environment in On-premise system where we want to perform translation. This includes different activities. Lets look at them one by one:
Defining Target Languages – Here we need to define and install all the languages into which we want to translate our tests
- Under the “Languages” tab, select “translation languages”.
- Enter the languages we want to translate to and the priority with which those languages should be picked for translation.
Maintain Graphs – Graphs tells the path which will be followed to translate from source to target language. For e.g. if we know the translation German to Spanish is not that accurate as compare to English to Spanish, in that case the graph/path would configured to translate German to English and then English to Spanish. No direct translation from German to Spanish.
- Select Graphs under the Languages tab
- Double click on “Create New Graph”
- Maintain the translation paths and save and we have defined our translation paths.
Define Object types to be translated – here we will assign objects type to individual languages defining which all objects need to be translated in each individual language.
- Select Object types under the Languages tab
- Select from the languages ( configured in 1st step) to which we want to assign object types/groups and save.
- Follow the same steps to assign object types to other languages.
Assign Collections to Graph – here we will assign collections to the graphs. Only objects belonging to collections that are assigned to a graph that is active for the target language in question will be considered for translation, rest will be skipped.
- Navigate to “Collections to Graph”
- Select the Graph to which we want to assign collection
- Select “Add Collections” on next screen
- Next we need to select collects for objects translation using any of the multiple options available for e.g., collection from graphs which has collection assigned, collection assigned to translators, specific string based collections etc.
With this we are done with Languages settings configurations.
Setting up HTTP connection to Translation Hub
Next, we need to connect the On-Premise system with Translation hub service on BTP.
- Navigate to transaction and create RFC destination of type G (to external server)
- Maintain Translation Hub URL under host as shown below. In case your system is under firewall, you might need to maintain proxy details also.
Now we have connected Translation hub with our on premise system.
Create Object List
Next, we need to create the object list for which we want to perform translation. The steps would be same as we did in Part 1 blog here.
I have created object list with one program with no translation existing s shown below
We are now ready to do the text translation for the objects we have selected in out object list.
- Execute Report “RS_LXE_MLTR_GET_TEXTS_FOR_OL” in transaction se38/sa38
- Input the details like Object list, Target language, Job description, Translator etc. and execute the report. Here we are translation out objects text to German from English.
- And the report will give details of how many objects were tried for translation and how many are translated as shown below
- We can check the object translations and can modify the same if needed.
So, now we know, how we can do ABAP translation using SAP translation hub using both UI Workflow and report methods.
Keep Learning & Keep Sharing!!
Hello Vijay Sharma!
Thanks for sharing the great content.
I have created a class that is able to create database tables, while I add data types and add its description in English, I want to add their translation in German too. is there any Function module, method or any other things to use?
Could you please guide me?