SAP Intelligent RPA Success Stories – Using Digital Bots to Improve Financial Operation Efficiency
DFRobot is a world-leading high-tech enterprise focusing on electronic components manufacturing, robotics manufacturing, and technology and innovation education services. As an early advocator of the “Maker” concept, DFRobot boasts the largest online Maker community in China and runs a national Maker incubator.
Its hit product, Gravity, has more than 1 million users globally. Due to DFRobot’s popularity and constant product innovation, its e-commerce was facing huge amounts of transaction and accounting data. DFRobot, therefore, decided to implement an automatic solution and create a bot that could free up its accountants and improve financial operation efficiency.
Through the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation solution, RPA bots were developed to simulate human behavior and interaction with the system, and the automatic processing of the whole process of account settlement was realized.
- 1 minute of approval time, down from 8 hours previously
- 10 minutes to upload data, down from 10 days previously
- 2,000 settlement cases automatically processed each day
Some of the highlights of the solution which delivered value-driven results:
- Enabled automatic uploading of account data to significantly reduce data entry time and repetitive workloads
- Facilitated automatic account settlement processes and data cleaning to enhance data accuracy
“With SAP Intelligent RPA, DFRobot has gained fruitful benefits. Associates in my department can now focus on financial analysis and other high-value work, instead of tedious and heavy work in the past, and thus contribute more to DFRobot’s growth.” explains Lu Ge, Director of Operations and Finance, DFRobot.
For more information on SAP Intelligent RPA