User Experience Insights
Create and share bookmarks in web dynpro apps
In this blog post, you will learn how to create and share bookmarks in web dynpro apps.
This is one of the new and interesting functionality available from S/4HANA 2021 for on-premise customers. Bookmark is a web browser feature used to save a web site’s URL address for future reference. It was available in cloud versions earlier but not on on-premise.
Recently, we installed Demo21 – S/4HANA 2021 version and I found option to create and save bookmarks there. Looks like, SAP has added this for all latest versions for their WEB Dynpro apps.
How to create Bookmark?
- Open a web dynpro app. Example – Journal Entry Analyzer app
- Bookmark loaded tag will appear (refer the screenshot)
- Click the bookmark loaded tag
- Click Save as option and name your bookmark.
- If you want to share your bookmark, use Shared option.
- If bookmark has variable values, use with variable value option while saving.
- Once save, bookmark is created.
- Now bookmark is available for future use.
Please note: bookmark functionality is available for only web dynpro apps.
I hope this step-by-step guide will help you to create and share the bookmarks.
Conclusion: This easy to use bookmark functionality comes handy and a good addition for on-premise customers. It enables us to save web pages in Fiori with long URLs and access then for later use for SAP web dynpro applications.
More information: Section 13.5 – what’s new S/4HANA 20201 guide by SAP
Check SAP community for Q& A.
Thank you everyone who has read this content! Please let me know your comments. I will be pleased to answer your questions!
See you next blog!