Expose ECC Master Data using Generic Data Source and Enable Delta
My my few recent projects I have an requirement that in a particular BI report we need to extract MARA-MATNR,MARC-WERKS ,T141T-MTSTB from ECC to BW.
After checking into ROOSOURCE table contain observed that MARA-MATNR,MARC-WERKS check that We can implement the scenario using two way –
- Using available Master datasource(MARA-MATNR,MARC-WERKS) enhancement by lookup into table T141T-MTSTB. Replicate into BW.
- Using a Generic Sources ,expose it and replicate into BW.
Today I will discuss about Expose ECC Master Data using generic Data Source and Enable Delta on the generic data source.
- Identify the Joining condition between the tables . For my case MARA,MARC,T141 and T141T.
- execute transaction SE11 and create a view ZMATSTATUS using the joining conditions and populate the required fields.
3. Create a generic datasource using RSO2 using the created View .
4. Enable Delta for the created datasource.
5. Go to RSA3 and check the data of the created datasource.
You can check the data . Then replicate the data source in the BW side.
In the next blog we will discuss how to expose the same data into available Master datasource(available Master datasource(0MAT_PLANT_ATTR) which has combination of MATNR and WERKS field already. Only need to include the MTSTB(Material Status) using lookup.