Extend SAP S/4HANA Business Processes Using SAP Netweaver Add-On for Event Enablement
Data events and Delta events has changed the way we perceive the whole event mesh story while building extensions and through this we are happy to release a brand new mission Extend SAP S/4HANA Business Processes Using SAP Netweaver Add-On for Event Enablement in SAP Discovery Centre. The main intent of this scenario is to complement an existing business process in an SAP solution – currently, SAP ERP 6.0, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors or selected SAP cloud solutions – with additional business process steps. This involves adding major logic and/or additional data and goes beyond simple UI changes.
This application showcases:
- Building application on SAP BTP using the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model
- Consuming data-driven events from an SAP S/4HANA system by using the NetWeaver Add-on for Event Enablement
- Consuming standard OData API’s from SAP S/4HANA using the SAP BTP Connectivity service
This is the business scenario that is used to showcase how to build an SAP S/4HANA extension application.
As an employee of iCredible, a business partner validation company, which is a third party vendor of ACME Corporation, John would like to get notifications whenever new business partners are added to the SAP backend system of ACME Corporation. John would then be able to review the business partner details in his extension application. He would visit the business partner’s registered office and do some background verification. Then, John would update/validate the verification details into the extension application. Once the details are verified, the business partner gets activated in the SAP S/4HANA system of ACME Corporation.
The technical details include:
- Custom extension application that works independently from SAP S/4HANA
- Changes in the SAP S/4HANA system are communicated via events in real time to the extension application.
- Vendor employees need access only to the custom application
Mission Project Board
Project board provides a step by step guidance through which you will not just complete the use case completely but also get a holistic picture of end to end flow making your whole experience great.
Technical Architecture Model Diagram
The sample project can be accessed at SAP-Samples Github https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-extension-ecc-business-process/blob/mission/mission/overview/S4HMission.md
You can also explore other exciting mission here: https://blogs.sap.com/2021/06/28/building-end-to-end-extension-scenarios-on-sap-btp/