Intelligent Business Partner Creation in SAP Business ByDesign
Sales and Marketing professionals interact with their current and future customers all the time. As part of work they have to exchange contact details and doing it via business cards is still a common practice in a business setting. It is important for them to quickly capture the information on the business cards and digitally store them into their ERP applications to use later. Currently, transferring the business card information into a business document like a Lead or a Business Partner involves manual data entry.
With the 2202 release of SAP Business ByDesign, it is now possible for the users to create Business Partners intelligently by scanning a business card, extracting information out of it, and creating a business partner as a follow-up, automatically via SAP Business ByDesign Mobile app (iOS | Android).
The extraction of data and the proposal of extracted data to SAP Business ByDesign’s business partner fields is done using the Document Information Extraction from SAP AI Business Services.
Sales Representatives and Marketing professionals can now
- Scan and digitally store Business Cards of customers they meet; in the office or out in the field
- Automatically create Business Partner of type Private Account or Contact without having to manually type in the contact details
- All this, made available in the user’s pocket supercomputer – the smartphone
Want to Watch the feature in Action?
Changes in the SAP Business ByDesign Mobile app
Users who have access to the Account Management functionality will now see a new tile My Customer Interactions. Currently, the tile allows the users to create and manage customer interactions involving business card exchange. The video shows how a business partner can be created from a business card in a few simple steps.
- This feature needs to be enabled in the SAP Business ByDesign’s Business Configuration before using it. Please refer to the help documentation for details.
- Currently, it is possible to create either a Private Account or a Contact as a follow-up document.
- After the information extraction, if the Interaction instance has the knowledge of Account information, the user is offered to create a Contact for it. Alternatively, if the Account is not known, then an opportunity to create a Private Account is offered.
- In 2202, the feature is only supported for the following languages
- The functionality is compliant with the Data Privacy and Protection (DPP) regulations. Please refer to the help documentation for details.
We hope this feature delights users like Sales Representatives, as they can now smartly capture and store the contact information in SAP Business ByDesign.
We would love to hear from you. Please reach out to us with your feedback or questions. Happy Business Card Scanning. 🙂