Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) with SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202
Hi and welcome to my blog illustrating the key highlights for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202 in the area of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC). In addition to my last blog covering the GRC highlights for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111, this time I have great news for International Trade with trade compliance checks for purchase requisitions and updates for Intrastat. In addition, SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance can now be integrated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing.
Watch my video to get a quick overview of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202 highlights for Governance, Risk, and Compliance:
This blog covers the following topics:
International Trade Management
SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance
International Trade Management
For International Trade Management, for the 2202 release, there are two topics that I would like to touch upon: Trade compliance checks for purchase requisitions and the changes regarding Intrastat.
Trade Compliance Checks for Purchase Requisitions
The first GRC highlight with the 2202 release that I would like to illustrate is from International Trade Management. As you know, we offer tree kinds of checks when it comes to trade compliance: embargo, legal control, and SAP Watch List Screening checks. In addition to the already available integration in the import side, we support trade compliance checks for purchase orders, purchasing contracts, and purchasing scheduling agreements. Now with the 2202 release, trade compliance specialists can take advantage of an additional document type to be included in their compliance checks on the import side: purchase requisitions.
On the export side, we continue to support e.g. sales orders, sales orders without charge, sales contracts, and sales scheduling agreements.
Thanks to the embargo check, you can prevent activities with embargoed countries. With the SAP Watch List Screening integration, you can check your purchase requisitions for addresses of business partners who are part of a denied-party list and consequently block the corresponding transactions. In addition, via the legal control checks, you can check controlled goods in your purchase requisitions.
In the ‘Analyze and Resolve Blocked Documents’ app, you can identify blocked purchase requisitions in the system and process them as needed – e.g. by assigning missing licenses or classifications. In the ‘Manage Documents’ app, you can check the embargo, legal control, and sanctioned-party list screening status of the respective trade compliance documents and confirm or release trade compliance blocks.
Video 1: With the 2202 release, trade compliance specialists benefit from trade compliance checks for purchase requisitions.
Purchasing requisitions can only be considered by trade compliance checks if a supplier has been entered. Otherwise, the checks cannot be carried out. This can be either the fixed or the desired supplier. In case that both has been entered, the system takes the fixed supplier into account for its trade compliance checks.
- SAP Help Portal: International Trade Compliance
The second topic from International Trade Management is about Intrastat. As you know, there have been some legal changes in a number of European countries which took effect on January 1, 2022 and have been incorporated in the system.
- First of all, there are two additional fields which are required to be sent in Intrastat dispatch declarations: partner VAT registration number and country of origin. This change is relevant for: Austria, Czechia, Finland, France, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- In Austria and the United Kingdom, the new CSV file format (instead of EDIFACT) must now be used for Intrastat declarations.
- There are now some default values when it comes to sales to private consumers in Intrastat declarations: Business transaction type, procedure, and movement code. The business transaction type is a default value for all countries while the procedure is only mandatory for France and the Republic of Cyprus and movement code only for the Czech Republic.
- The declaration level for simplified Intrastat declarations is now available in Romania. Information providers who don’t need to report the Statistical Value in Intrastat declarations can use this declaration level.
- SAP Help Portal: Intrastat
SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance
Integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Advanced Financial Closing
The next highlight is from SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance, our access management solution for the intelligent enterprise which integrates with various applications and as a hub solution allows you to manage user access and to ensure access compliance while providing access to users via the Access Request service and the Risk Analysis service.
With the 2202 release, we are proud to announce the integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing. Via fully auditable workflows in the ‘Access Request Service’ of SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance, users in SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing can initiate self-service access requests for user onboarding or for extending already existing assignments.
In SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance, access requests can then be reviewed in order to be approved or rejected as needed. After approval, user access is auto-provisioned to SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing. Using the ‘Access Analysis service’ of SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance, you can analyze user access risks for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing with real-time visualizations in the Access Analysis Dashboard to make sure that there is not inherent risk when the user is granted the respective access. In addition, you can refine user assignments, and mitigate risks as needed.
Video 2: With the 2202 release, SAP Cloud Identity Access Governance supports integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing for automated access management
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- GRC Collection Blog (roadmap, release highlights, microlearnings) here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA for Finance and GRC here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community for Finance here
- Feature Scope Description here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via LinkedIn or @DeissnerKatrin