SAP S/4HANA Cloud TM 2202 released to market!
Today, I am proud to announce the availability of SAP S/4HANA Cloud TM 2202. With this release we continue to strengthen our logistics offering with many new features. Most notably, we enable ocean freight as a new mode of transport with the document type Ocean Freight Booking in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This includes additional features to support marine functionality, such as dangerous goods check for marine transport, and charge calculation for ocean freight bookings. Also, you will find many functional enhancements as well as usability improvements.
This new end-to-end process enables manual transportation planning for ocean freight and freight booking scenario included in scope extension gives you the opportunities to subcontract to freight forwarders.
- Create sales orders and freight units according to Freight Unit Building Rules (FUBR)
- Assign Freight Units to a freight booking and distribute to the containers
- Subcontract freight booking to freight forwarder
- Start packing process of deliveries after the confirmation of freight booking from freight forwarder
- Create freight orders per container after receiving the information from the freight forwarder by when the cargo will be picked up
- Use the pick up freight order as transport document for trucking the packed container to the Port of Loading
- Support follow-up financial processes (accruals posting, carrier invoice)
- Dangerous Goods check for marine
If you are interested to find more and detailed information on the current release, please check the following resources: