SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain – 2202
Another version of SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain is now available. As always full of valuable business content, enhancements and simplifications.
Let me start as usual with the changes for the sample planning area SAPIBP1:
- We added a new forecast model for advanced forecasting with gradient boosting, as well as independent variables for calendar events and marketing budget. You’ll also find some new key figures for variable impact analysis. This means you can analyze how changes to independent variables affect the statistical forecast (see an example under demand planning)
- New forecast model for demand sensing with gradient boosting considering the information gained from each independent variable when calculating the sensed demand;
- In the area of inventory optimization we added a new key figure to SAPIBP1. This key figure allows you to define the forecast error coefficient of variation for each lead time interval – on a daily or weekly basis. You can use this key figure as an input key figure for the multi-stage algorithm for inventory optimization.
- In the area of supply planning new attributes and master data types now support the substitution of production resources in the supply optimizer.
The biggest changes in this release happened in order-based planning. It involves two very important new features that are closely linked together: New sample planning area SAP7F and real-time integration (RTI).
Let’s start with SAP7F. SAP7F is a new sample planning area for order-based planning. It supports a flexible master data model, which allows you to customize your master data objects according to your business model requirements. This new flexibility also gave SAP7F its name. The letter F stands for flexibility. All other functions of SAP7F are basically the same as in SAP7. The key feature is the visibility of orders that can be planned using order-based planning runs or integrated from SAP S/4HANA. However, there’s one big difference. If you want to take advantage of real-time integration – which is the second great new feature – you must use SAP7F.
Real-time integration, or RTI, uses the functions of the data transfer Core Interface (CIF) to capture data changes. It is implemented as a built-in process for integrating master and transactional data into SAP IBP. The SAP S/4 HANA system pushes the initial and the delta integration to provide up-to-date planning data in SAP IBP. This is the prerequisite to ensure that data is consistent in both systems.
As this is a very important innovation for our customers, SAP offered some webinars for this topic. If you want to dive deeper, please check out these recordings:
- Sneak Preview: SAP IBP Real-Time Integration and Transition from SDI Recording
- IBP for consultants: How to Setup Real-Time Integration Recording
- Meet the Expert: IBP Real Time Integration Recording
We have migrated all order-based planning scope items to SAP7F and real-time integration because this is the recommended setup for new implementations. Here the list of adapted scope items:
- IBP for response and supply – supply and allocations planning – heuristic,
- IBP for response and supply – supply and allocations planning – optimizer,
- IBP for response and supply – response planning,
- IBP for response and supply – deployment planning – optimizer.
- IBP – order-based planning inbound integration with SAP S/4HANA
- IBP – order-based planning outbound integration with SAP S/4HANA,
- IBP – order-based planning inbound integration for deployment planning,
- IBP – order-based planning outbound integration for deployment planning
The IBP for sales and operations – footprint analysis scope item that allows you to build sustainability directly in your supply chain planning has been enhanced with new features and functions in the Planner Workspace.
The IBP for demand – demand planning scope item has been enhanced with a Planner Workspace for global demand planners and now also contains an example for variable impact analysis.
Variable impact analysis
The news for SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning 2202 are also captured in this video.
Check out this video to learn what SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning can do for you.
To view and download more information for free, please go to SAP Best Practices Explorer