SAP Commissions Resources for Learning and Enablement
It is my pleasure to introduce you to the latest trainings and knowledge enablement offerings on SAP Commissions. This article will be updated with the newest content, so click the Follow button to the right to stay up to date!
The SAP Sales Performance Management (SPM) team has been hard at work putting together training options to meet your needs, whether they be self-paced or instructor led. As of January 2022 we offer:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- E-Learning courses on SAP Learning Hub
- Live Sessions on SAP Commissions
- Video Resources on Open SAP Microlearning Platform
Let’s look at each of these!
1. Instructor Led Training
When you attend Instructor Led Training, an SAP authorized instructor conducts a training for a group of learners, with a live environment for hands-on exercises, real-time interaction for questions, feedback and discussions.
Instructor Led Training can be done one of three ways:
- In-person: as classic classroom style with an experienced instructor to guide the learning experience.
- Virtual Live Classroom, or VLC, is conducted via secured video communication software (Zoom) with the same instructors, training content, duration and training systems, without travels or physical contact, allowing learners to attend training directly from your office or home.
- Hybrid: a classroom training for the learners who want to attend the training in-person, while the training is also broadcast to students who are attending remotely.
Instructor Led Training can be done as:
- Public sessions with a predefined schedule for learners from all over the region. The training schedules can be found directly in the individual training page of SAP Training Shop. If you follow this link, be sure to pick your country to see the correct schedule.
- Private training sessions for your organization or team. Request private training by scrolling to the bottom of the training page and find the section of “Can’t find a suitable date?”
- Request a training date: if you have 1-2 learners to book for a training
- 3 to RUN training: if you have 3 or more learners and would like to organise a private training session, provide the necessary information in the request form and you will be contacted for further details.
SAP Commissions has one Instructor Led Training session:
- HR890: SAP Commissions Academy (Formerly C4H430): Link
2. E-Learning courses on SAP Learning Hub
Students who hold a Learning Journey subscription can attend HR890 as self-paced eLearning and download the eBook, register for the certification exam, and attend our instructor led Commissions Live webinar series.
E-Learning courses are self-paced, and are available on SAP Learning Hub. These are delivered to you as well-designed and guided training/enablement material, including:
- Guided interactive videos: these typically consist of a list of modules presented as guided videos with a self assessment quiz at the end, or video(s) of a recorded session about a certain topic.
- Training handbooks: downloadable PDFs of training material for theory and practices/exercises/exam preparation.
To access to the E-Learning course material, log into SAP Learning Hub with your subscribed account, and type “SAP Commissions Academy” as the search term. Click the first icon titled “SAP Commissions Academy”.
3. Video Resources on Open SAP Microlearning Platform
OpenSAP Microlearning Platform (https://microlearning.opensap.com/) is the most popular video portal for all SAP product lines. Therefore, we are constantly publishing enablement video resources around SAP Commissions, under the following portal page:
As shown above, you can
- Pick the role that best suits you
- Choose the Video Library tab to access all videos that are relevant for SAP Commissions
- Search for videos with the search button on the top right.
As with all other SAP product lines, the SAP Commissions video resources has the following benefits and features:
- Learning anywhere any time: enable the SAP Ecosystem to upskill from anywhere in the world, at a time that suits your schedule
- All in one place: tutorials, demonstrations, and webinar recordings
- Complimentary: all SAP customers and partners can log in with your SAP User ID or via SSO
- Easy to consume: short, focused videos cover key features
- Guided learning: dedicated channels per solution and video playlists
How To Find Right Content To Learn?
You may have noticed we have a lot of content, and it is not always easy to figure out where to start. That’s why we have Learning Journeys!
A Learning Journey is a path designed to help you learn a new product, or build your skills on a product you already know, from introduction to certification.
Just type “SAP Commissions” and hit the search button. The SAP Commissions Learning Journey should be the first one in the result list.
Please note: all the Learning Journeys are publicly accessible, so you don’t need to have an SAP account to access to them. However, some content does require a paid subscription to access.
Online Enablement Resources
In addition to training, SAP offers several options for getting help.
We have two Learning Rooms with updated information about learning resources for SAP Commissions and other SPM products.
- The SAP Sales Performance Management Academy Learning Room contains SAP Learning Journeys with links to important trainings for SAP Commissions and SAP Agent Performance Management. Additional training materials will be added to enhance the learners’ knowledge.
In this Learning Room, you can also attend live sessions conducted by an expert instructor.
- The SAP Sales Performance Management Administration Learning Room is available to SAP SuccessFactors Admin Learning Center members. In this room, you can ask SAP Sales Performance Management training related questions and interact with other learners.
As with all SAP documentation, Commissions online help can be found on the SAP Help Portal.
Of course, the SAP Community is a free resource! If you’re reading this, you already know that you can find helpful, detailed blog posts on a number of Commissions topics. You can also ask questions and search for questions asked by others. For both blog posts and questions and answers, the tag to search for is SAP Commissions.
Once you become proficient with Commissions, let the world know by becoming an SAP Certified Application Associate.
To register for the exam and find everything you need to know to prepare for certification, visit the SAP Training Shop.
Learning More about Compensation
All of the above resources have been created to help you learn to use the Commissions application, but I’m often asked about resources to learn about the process of incentive compensation. Depending on your area of expertise, we recommend three books.
Introducing Commissions Management with SAP is the only official guide to SAP Commissions available to the public. Written by an SAP Certified Instructor, this eBook is a short introduction to the functionality of SAP Commissions.
The Complete Guide to Sales Force Incentive Compensation is the definitive guide to the management of incentive compensation. This is a large book full of detailed analysis and examples. You’ll want to have this book as a resource when designing effective compensation plans.
The Book on Incentive Compensation Management is a short, easy to follow book written by a former CallidusCloud consultant. As a result, this book is an excellent resource if you’d like to see how compensation plans fit in with the SAP Commissions product.
Last But Not Least
If you want to know more or get informed with the future enablement offerings about SAP Commissions, please follow this blog post by clicking the “follow” button on the left.
Thanks for reading and see you in SAP Commissions training!