User Experience Insights
Croatia EURO Currency changeover / introduction
As of January first 2023, Croatia introduces the EURO as national currency, replacing the KUNA as local currency in any SAP system that is running actually local currency values, be it LC1, LC2, LC3, be it in FI, CO, AA, ML.
There are actually two common ways what customers can do.
- Most obvious: create a new company code in EUR as of January 01 2023. Open to anyone, but of course also a challenge, and maybe also with individual solution situations which may prevent customers from choosing this path.
- Run a Local Currency conversion, the ‘EURO’ conversion., given the idea that you are not in S4H, and that also no other concerns are in the room, e.g. you don’t like a lasting downtime, you don’t want to run through lasting regression testing, you rather start from scratch centrally in your ERP system across all connected systems than running across all the necessary changes…
Yes, there are pro and con reasons, no path will be a walk in the park, an easy one, your individual situation may decide, which option is the better one for you.
For option 1, there will be further information (to come) linked to in this blog, when available. So this blog may serve also as a starting point for customers to question SAP on this, or your preferred partner, too.
For option 2, the famous ‘EURO’ conversion please find out how to go on, where to get information, whom to address for what:
- As first central information source refer to SAP note 3093354 – Collective note for Euro changeover in Croatia. This note is continuously updated and subject to general information and other notes.
- As second channel, you can address the SAP globalization team behind that central note as to establish a more general ‘big picture’ communication from customers towards SAP.
- You can reach them via mail sent to email@example.com mailbox. Please ensure that your mail contains the keywords ‘EURO entry Croatia’ so the team behind which is ‘global’ has directly directions.
- State your case, if you have concerns or if you already know about issues from previous EURO experiences, as you will be hardly getting all information from one single component provider.
- As third channel, and if you don’t have a partner nor own resources as to run a LCC by your own as a self-service, we recommend to contact SAP DMLT in very good lead time ahead to your project, say already now, and only for this purpose our component CA-LT-SRV is meant. The DMLT component CA-LT-CNV in turn is meant for delivery issues only, if you work alone or with your partner, and if you run into trouble on the EURO tool when executing yourself. It is not for explanation, education, application support, same like for CA-LT-SRV. ideally, and if you want to run this with SAP together in a joint project, you sent already your currency questionnaire filled in along to SAP_DMLT_GCE@sap.com
- Kindly note: beside having SAP in the lead to run the execution of the EURO tool, you may also decide to have SAP only to support on performance. For this case, you can refer to SAP note 963370
- And channel four: there is a private JAM Group: Croatia EUR Changeover – Content/EUR Changeover – ECC (sapjam.com) – if you like to become a member, please request access by addressing DL_HR_EURO_CONVERSION@groups.sap.com
Generally: You may refer to SAP notes you see in that central Croatia note or also coming from the central LCC note 1130066 – LCC: Overview of current notes as of Release 46C – SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
We want to encourage you to make use of this blog information as to contribute with your experience, preferred either here or in the JAM group. You have now the ways how to contact SAP most efficiently, depending which option and involvement from SAP you wish
All the best, Uwe
Ps: hot from the press, please be aware on SAP note 3157864 – Local Currency Changeover for Company Codes with Lease Contracts – SAP ONE Support Launchpad