SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics Did You Know: WFA Is Not Going Away
- People are confused by our naming (heck, so was I!)
- People think that SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics is going away…. NOT!
While I know we worked on providing more clarity around the naming last year, I want to start 2022 with more to keep us on the same page.
#1 People Analytics product nomenclature
SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics – it is NOT a product so you can’t buy it because there is no license. Rather it is a category which includes:
- Story (a sub-category) – is our newest offering and will be our go forward strategy (these toolsets are also included: Canvas, Table, Tile, Dashboard, Custom). Story is the SAP SuccessFactors (HR only) reporting toolset available with our SAP SuccessFactors suite and is included in your SAP SuccessFactors license. To help you get started, checkout the Activating SAP SuccessFactors Stories in People Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (formerly known as Advanced Edition) has over 2,000 metrics with built-in intelligence to help you use workforce acumen strategically to drive business impact. It has a license. Checkout Activating SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics blog to help get you started.
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Planning has been retired. For more information, please find more information on the Retirement of SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Planning in the help portal, and the SuccessFactors Community blog post, SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Planning Entering Maintenance Mode – Effective 1H 2021 – Welcome to the SAP SuccessFactors Community. In its place we are now selling SAP Analytics Cloud for planning. You can find the Activating SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning – Strategic Workforce Planning blog and the Activating SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning – Operational Headcount Planning blog to help you get started.
#2 SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics is NOT going away or being sunset
In fact, we have recently released some new capabilities such as the WFA to SAC Connector, Integration of Contingent Worker data from Employee Central, the Report template for ISO 30141:2018 Human Capital Reporting standard, and more is planned.
We built the Workforce Analytics solution to scale with integrated role-based permissions as a purpose-built solution for the analytics needs of the HR function so that you can focus on analysis instead of technology. It can also support the data for downstream usage in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud for planning. Think – better together, not mutually exclusive. SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics saves time by including methodologies and technology to transform raw data into valid metrics for use in BI solutions.
To help emphasize the value that SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics can bring your organization, each week this month we will be providing a 2 min “Did you know” video on SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics. Up first is David Ludlow, Head of Solution Management at SAP SuccessFactors, Did you know that SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics is not going away? And to help you get to know David better, here are some fun facts about him:
- Since his time with SAP, he’s flown over 3 million miles– which is 6 rounds trips to the moon and back (bring it on Jeff Bezos and Sir Richard Branson)!
- David has been to five of the six Disney parks with Shanghai next on the list.
- Ok these are his words not mine… if those don’t work, he’s just boring and nothing stands out
Enjoy the video and look forward to next week’s Did You Know video featuring Soren Hojby, Product Manager of SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics where he will share about connecting SAP Analytics Cloud to SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics.
For more information to help you on your Workforce Analytics journey, checkout these resources:
- 100 Critical People Analytics Questions: How Well Do You Really Know Your Workforce? – to help you understand the depth of our metric packs and how to get started.
- Activating SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics blog to help get you started.
- SuccessConnect 2021 Road Map for People Analytics: Turn HR Data Into HR Stories and Insights (at ~ 18:42 Soren Hojby reviews the Workforce Analytics road map).