Post B/S Reclassification for Correct Presentation of Financial Statements in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202
Welcome to the blog series on the Advanced Valuation Processes as announced in the Releaseblog SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202 for Finance. Today i would like to cover the Post B/S Reclassification.
You use the Post B/S Reclassification job to sort your assets and liabilities according to their remaining term and their balance so that they can be reported correctly in your financial statements. You need to perform adjustment postings to do this.
- Post adjustments to trade payables and receivables due to maturity
- Post adjustments for receivables with debit balances and payables with credit balances
- You find the Post B/S Reclassification job in the Schedule General Ledger Jobs app
- Increased reporting capability by reflecting the adjustment postings to trade payables and receivables in the universal journal
- The introduction of the valuation line type improves the reporting capabilities by type of the valuation posting
- No additional accounts needed for adjustment postings
- Financial statement version can be simplified because less G/L accounts needed
A pre-requisite to use the new advanced valuation processes is to activate advanced valuation (SSUI 103315).
Firstly, the aging increments need to be defined (SSCUI 103049). SAP S/4HANA Cloud comes with two predefined aging increments:
- Aging for reclassification with three increments (short-term, mid-term, long-term)
- Aging for global reclassification (current, non-current)
Secondly, you define the reclassification rules (SSCUI 105454) that contain the reclassification steps to be carried out. In each step you assign the G/L target and source accounts for reclassification. Important: you select reconciliation accounts, because the reclassification posts directly on the reconciliation accounts with business transaction type ‘reclassification’ (RFRC).
Finally, you also assign a reclassification method that controls how to deal with balances from source accounts to target accounts. For example, when you choose the method ‘Credit Balance’ and the source account is an accounts payable account then only credit balances of this account are reclassified according to their maturity.
To run / schedule the process you use the Schedule General Ledger Jobs app from were you select the B/S Reclassification job template. After the execution you can check the header, the results in different currencies, logs and a document list of reclassifications and take necessary follow up activities from here.
Demo 1: Configuration and Execution of B/S Reclassification
The final postings then can be displayed in the Manage Journal Entry App as well as in the Financial Statement reporting such as the Balance Sheet/Income Statement App.
For more information please check out the product assistance for ‘Post BS Reclassification’.
Stay tuned for the next part of the blog series here soon.
More Information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
- Finance Collection Blog (roadmap, quarterly release highlights, microlearnings) here
- Group Financial Statement Review Booklet here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA for Finance and GRC here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community for Finance here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here