SAP Asset Intelligence Network 2201 Release – What’s New?
This blog post provides an overview of key innovations in the 2201 Release of SAP Asset Intelligence Network. On January 23, 2022, we released exciting new SAP Asset Intelligence Network innovations for our customers.
Let me share some of the key highlights from the SAP Asset Intelligence Network 2201 Release:-
Latest Innovations – Data Federation
Data Federation for Business Partners, Models, Templates and Documents
- Organizations can provide consent for other data centers. Once consent is provided, the org data gets replicated to the cross data center. Further, the orgs can connect with each other and collaborate further.
- Organizations can add their respective connected cross data center organizations to their network authorization groups and share objects with these groups.
- On sharing, these objects (models, templates, attributes, attribute groups, code lists, documents) get replicated to the cross data centers based on the members of the group.
- Further changes to the objects in source DC also get replicated to the cross DCs.
Documents IP Clearance
- Customer can optionally maintain blocked data center countries or blocked data centers while uploading the documents.
- Based on this configured blocked countries / data centers, the documents are not replicated though the document owner has given consent to a particular data center.
- For objects which are already replicated to a particular cross DC, these objects cannot have this particular cross DC and its country as its blocked DC and country.
Latest Innovations – Master Data Handover
Sharing of Functional Location
- Possibility to share a functional location with read/write privileges and with “grant to share” from the functional location object page as well as the Network Authorizations app.
- Along with a functional location its associated business objects (e.g. equipment, templates, documents, instructions, etc.) can also be shared.
- The user could create templates for documents using the new chip card option in Templates app.
- Consuming document templates in the document object page will be available in the next releases.
Latest Innovations – Collaborative Maintenance & Service
Display date times for Work Orders
- The times associated with date time fields are now shown on UI.
- APIs have also been enhanced to return the time associated with the date time fields.
Latest Innovations – Enterprise Readiness
Filter Templates, Attributes and Attribute Groups based on External ERP System
- External ERP Systems are visualized in the Templates, Attribute Groups and Attributes list page.
- The user can filter Templates, Attribute Groups and Attributes out of the selected External ERP Systems.
Tenant Data Refresh for External Organizations
- Deletion of External Organizations is now enabled.
- With the AIN 2201 release, the following objects data can be deleted
- External Organizations
- Applicable for Dev and Test tenants.
Maintain the default configuration settings for Functional Location object
- In Application Settings, the user can configure the sections to be visible / hidden in Functional Location object page.
Detailed information could be found in the following link.
The above summarises the key innovations for 2201, We hope you enjoy the new capabilities in this release .Thanks for reading the blog post and Stay tuned! To learn more about SAP Asset Intelligence Network visit asset-intelligence-network