Introduction to Cloud Platform Transport Management service for SAP CPI Cloud Foundry environment.
Cloud Transport Management Service.
SAP Cloud Transport Management Service lets you manage software deliverables between accounts of different environment. One can configure two or three system TMS landscape to import artifacts as well as their respective application specific content from source to target system.
- To automate transportation of integration content artifacts between integration tenants in the CF environment one can use “Cloud Transport Management Service”.
- This can save time over the manual export / import options.
- It adds transparency to the audit trail of changes so that you get information about who performed which changes in your production accounts and when they did it.
- It can handle transports without the need for an on-premises system, other additional infrastructure, or any third-party services.
- Subscription to “Cloud Transport Management” & “Integration Suite” applications with admin access in Source CPI subaccount.
- Source and target CPI tenant.
- Roles required: TransportOperator, ImportOperator, AuthGroup_Administrator, WorkspacePackagesTransport
A. Subscription and instance creation in BTP for required services.
- Login to source subaccount and subscribe to “Integration suite” application.
Click on “Service Marketplace” and then search for “Integration Suite” application.
Select Integration suite and click on “create” tab.
2. In source subaccount, subscribe to “Cloud Transport Management” application.
Click on “Service Marketplace” and then search for “Cloud Transport Management” application.
Click on “Create” tab
3. Go to “Instance and Subscription” tab and check subscription for above two applications.
4. Content agent service in the source CF space.
Click on “Service Marketplace” and then search for “Content Agent Service” application. Create instance and service key for Content Agent Service. Check out the blog step 1.
5. Process Integration Runtime (PI) service in the source CF space.
Click on “Service Marketplace” and then search for “Process Integration Runtime” application.
Create instance and service key for Process Integration Runtime. Check out the blog step 2.
6.Transport Management service in the source CF space.
Click on “Service Marketplace” and then search for “Transport Management service” application. Create instance and service key for Transport Management Service. Check out the blog step 3.
B) Destination creation.
7. Destination for ContentAssemblyService in Source Tenant.
Click on “Destination” tab in BTP. Click on “Service Instance”.
Here destination name “ContentAssemblyService” is case sensitive and select service name from step 4.
Click on Next and it will fetch all details from service instance created in step 4. If details are not fetched automatically, please create it manually ContentAssemblyService Step (1 to 4).
Save it and click on “Check connection”.
8. Destination for CloudIntegration in Source Tenant.
Click on “Destination” tab in BTP.
Here destination name “CloudIntegration ” is case sensitive and select service name from step 4. please create it manually CloudIntegration (step 5)
Token Service URL: tokenurl from service key of Source PI tenant. Provide Client ID and Client Secret from service key created in step 5.
Save it and click on check connection.
9. Destination for TransportManagementService in Source Tenant.
Click on “Destination” tab in BTP. Then select “Service Instance”.
Here destination name “TransportManagementService” is case sensitive and select service name from step 6. Check out the blog (steps 1 to 5).
Click on next it will fetch all details from step 6.
Add Additional property:
sourceSystemId=<Source_Node_Name> (This is node which is created in step 1 in TMS Config)
Save it and click on “check connection”
10. Create Destination for Target Tenant in source subaccount as per below screenshot.
Note: copy highlighted content from destination region. In my case it’s US10, please check your destination region and URL will change accordingly.
C) TMS configuration.
Check and assign “Administrator” or “LandscapeOperator” roles to your user this roles will enable you to TMS configuration.
- Click on “Cloud Transport Management” application.
It will open Cloud Transport Management application in new tab.
- Creating a source transport node.
Just provide name and check “Allow upload to node”. Leave everything as it is and save it.
- Creating a target transport node.
Just provide name and check “Allow upload to node” and then select content type as “Multi-Target Application” and select destination of target system. (Please refer destination creation step 10)
- Create Transport route.
Provide name for route and select the source and target node and save it.
- Click on setting in CPI Source tenant.
Select “Transport Management Service” from drop down and click on “Check configuration”.
Check for success message as shown below and Click on “Save”.
Test TR release:
- Check the Destination node with old entries.
- Select Package from source tenant which need to transport to target tenant.
Click on “Setting” in “Integration Suite” and select package which need to be transported. And click on transport.
- Verify the released TR in Destination node created in step 3 of “TMS configuration”.
4. Select the TR and click on “Import selected” tab.
Reference document :
Dear readers, if you find this blog useful please provide me feedback or thoughts in the comment section, also, you can follow the product tag and my profile for more technical articles.
URL for product tag : SAP Cloud Transport Management | SAP | SAP Blogs