SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool – 2202 Release Overview
Welcome to another edition of the release highlights blog for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool. As SAP S/4HANA Cloud moves towards delivering frequent innovations via the continuous delivery for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, test automation and its corresponding processes also need to evolve.
With the 2202 release customers have greater flexibility in Post Upgrade Tests(PUT) to create their own regression suite, and to test more frequently with the test scope of their choice. The new “Manage Upgrade Tests”(MUT) app allows our customers to add custom scope, de-scope unnecessary PUT automates, add relevant data variants, to the PUT regression suite. This enables customers to prepare a thorough regression automation suite, which is a combination of the standard delivered PUT automates and customer test plans, and run them as and when needed.
The new application has 3 main tabs:
- Execution List – This shows the list of all automates which would be considered for PUT execution before pre-checks. This can be a combination of standard PUT and customer test plans
- PUT Processes – List of all standard PUT automates which are in scope for the current tenant under test. Automates can either be added or removed from here.
- Customer Test Plans – List of all customer test plans along with the latest status. Customer test plans can either be added or removed from here
More details on the application can be found here.
The new re-execution feature introduced in the Analyze Automated Test Results(AATR) app, is meant for faster turnaround times in responding to failed test cases after a regression suite run. Features like “Failure Category” and “Failure Recommendations” provide the end user a quick and efficient way of grouping failures and taking action on them. The feature of re-execution of failed automates enables users to select a common failure reason and then trigger it again after the error has been resolved.
With these features we also move towards a more customer driven Post Upgrade Tests(PUT) process. Customers can now trigger PUT with the scope of their choice when critical software, content or implementation changes are being done. With the host of new features delivered as part of the AATR application customers can more quickly filter down to the failed automates which may cause an impact on the production environment.
In addition, PUT will now be run automatically immediately after the release upgrade, if the consent has been provided in the PUT tab.
We have added a few more additional features as well as part of the Test Data Container(TDC) and API Test Automation Framework
- Export Response from Multiple Records for API Test Framework
- Download/Upload of TDC via Microsoft Excel – Support to update data directly in Excel file
- Provision to define the TDC variant as default while defining the test process in MYTP app
- Option to map a TDC with relevant scope items
SAP Delivered Standard Automates
The total list of SAP delivered automated test scripts are 345 for 2202 and can be accessed via link – Automated Test Scripts Index”.
This wraps up the update on the new features delivered as part of the 2202 release for the SAP S/HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool. We also have the replay from the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202 Early Release Series available.
For more details on the functionality please refer the links below:
Also refer FAQs