News from SAP Activate SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and pre-configuration content in SAP Best Practices Explorer (BPX). This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, methodology guidance and the SAP Cloud ALM capabilities that our customers can leverage in their SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- SAP Activate Community Live – The Roadmaps in SAP Activate and Q4 Blogs
- Two-Tier ERP Deployment for SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – A Practical Guide for Senior Leadership
- New and updated ready-to-run business processes in Best Practices Explorer (BPX)
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape and Upgrade
- SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – New features with 2202 release
SAP Activate Community | SAP Activate Blogs | Q4
We invite you to our upcoming community call on February 2 at 9am CST; follow the SAP Activate community for the details and to join the session. Subscribe to our YouTube live link so you don’t miss out: SAP Activate Community Live – The Roadmaps in SAP Activate.
Check out the new SAP Activate sub topic page here for documents, customer success stories, learning journeys and SAP Activate courses.
Follow the #SAP Activate tag on SAP Community, where you can find the following blog posts as well as other posts SAP Activate experts shared with the community.
- SAP Activate and Fit-to-Standard – How Did We Get Here by Daniel Ciecko
- How to operate with a lean IT organization in S/4HANA Cloud by Ying Huang
- News from SAP Activate SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 by Jan Musil
- Extensibility in SAP Activate Cloud by Jitendra Bhandari
- Fit-to-Standard: Mural Template by Lauren Bettuzzi
- Fit-to-Standard: Inputs and outputs by Lauren Bettuzzi
- SAP Activate Community Call Session – Q&A by Kelsey Lapczynski
- New Product Launch – SAP Sustainability Control Tower by Bob Byrne
- Create Dashboard using SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) by Jitendra Bhandari
- Deploying Modular Public Cloud ERP with Two-Tier (part 1) by Sven Denecken
- Deploying Modular Public Cloud ERP with Tow-Tier (part 2) by Sven Denecken
- Cloud Myth Busing Series: Myth #1 – Cloud ERP can’t adapt to my needs & is hard to implement by Sven Denecken
Two-Tier ERP Deployment for SAP S/4HANA® Cloud – A Practical Guide for Senior Leadership
In December 2021 SAP published a white paper geared at IT and business leaders planning transition into the cloud. This document describes what it means to operate your business in the cloud, explains how successful companies embraced cloud technology for their ERP systems, show- cases key business scenarios, and helps you start your transformation journey. We encourage you to share this document with your customers and prospects. You can access it here.
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find SAP S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud
SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology SAP S/4HANA Cloud in 2202
The SAP Activate content for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for 2202 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The content is available via the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer and SAP Cloud ALM.
The key highlights are:
- Consolidated the tasks in deliverable, Data Migration into the Quality/Test Tenant, to provide better flow and eliminate redundancy between SAP Activate and the procedures in the associated accelerators.
- Consolidated five testing related accelerators used within the Testing workstream into one accelerator, Help – Testing in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Enhanced tasks in deliverable, Release and Update Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, to include topics of Hotfix Collections, Continuous Delivery, and Release Upgrades.
- Relocated deliverable, Quality System Request / Initial Setup, and related tasks from the end of Explore to the beginning of Realize. This coincides with changes in SAP Central Business Configuration that removes the Activate phases from the tool.
- Added guidance in task, Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration, to set up a Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration. The project previously was delivered with the tool.
- Several usability and readability adjustments throughout the roadmap content.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The SAP Activate Methodology content for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition has been enhanced with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The content is available via the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer and SAP Cloud ALM.
The key highlights are:
- Added a new Artificial Intelligence tag to highlight all the tasks and accelerators related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Added the SAP Business Technology Platform as a new filter under the ‘Product’ section of the content page. This filter makes it easy to find all tasks that are using or referencing the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- New and updated User Experience adoption content to help with UX adoption. In our previous releases, the roadmap introduced UX Value goals along the implementation phases, which is a new innovative way to discuss and select User Experience based on desired business outcomes. Example of improvement includes a new task Run the User Experience Business Benefit Workshop, new accelerators ‘Fiori Launchpad verification checklist’ and ‘App Selection by UX Value Goal Template’ and update to task Self-Enable on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA.
- Improved the various tasks and accelerators in the Data Migration Workstream to highlight the need for SAP Fiori apps to be evaluated during fit-to-standard workshops.
- Updated the project plan folder available in the Roadmap Viewer under the “Download Project Plan” to include the latest updates. The project Plan contains a Microsoft project plan template, a Microsoft Excel and an XML file populated with roadmap content.
- Updates to the Roadmap Graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- Various improvement based on the feedback we continue to gather from our internal stakeholders, partners and customers
SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 3-system landscape & Upgrade
We have updated SAP Activate for S/4HANA Cloud, 3-system landscape Implementation and Upgrade roadmap content to reflect feedback and learnings we received from Early Adopter customers. These two Roadmaps are intended to lead the customer an project teams through the process of implementing the solution and applicable follow up steps required after Go-Live. The methodology provides guidance for the usage of the 3-system landscape, additional business scope and configuration options with continuous feature delivery model.
The key highlights are:
- Provisioning steps including Cloud ALM tenant has been streamlined for more clarification with prerequisite, additional accelerators and the use of SAP for Me in the current state.
- Transport management and deployment of content from Central Business Configuration are also updated with the latest process steps including both Starter and Development systems for release and update cycles
SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool 2202 Release
Enabling our customers to test their regression scope on a more regular basis with more customization has been the focus of this release. Customers can now effectively manage upgrade test scope and trigger it. Below are some of the highlights:
- A new application – Manage Upgrade Tests has been introduced to allow more flexibility for our customers to decide on upgrade test scope.
- The app allows users to add additional custom test scripts as part of Post Upgrade Test (PUT) scope
- Scripts can also be de-selected from the standard list of SAP provided PUT test scripts
- Ability to trigger a pre-check before actual PUT execution
- Analyze Automated Test Results (AATR) app has been enhanced to enable re-execution of PUT test scripts. The scripts can be filtered based on the “Failure category” and “Release.”
- PUT is now auto triggered post the release upgrade. This completely automates the process of PUT execution.
For more details check the release blog.
There is a new community topic page available for the latest updates on Automation Testing in S/4HANA Cloud.
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
As always, I encourage you to subscribe to our podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA” and follow the SAP Activate tagon SAP Community. The podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Help Portal Product Page here