Introducing SAP Complaint Handling (Release 2111)
We are happy to announce the first release of SAP Complaint Handling on Nov 14th 2021. In this post we would provide an introduction to SAP Complaint Handling and its key features.
Complaints have always been multi-dimensional. Ask any customers and/or end-users, you will soon realize that complaints are perceived from various lenses what type of complaint (E.g. Pricing, quality) or process (e.g. Customer complaint) against which the complaint is being raised. There have been various own implementations from customers and usage of workaround to track and manage complaints. However, till now, there has been no standardized manner to handle complaints which has a central repository and even know the overall status of a complaint.
SAP Complaint Handling solution helps manage complaints seamlessly from end-to-end by breaking silos between quality, warranty and logistics teams.
SAP Complaint Handling provides a holistic view on the issue status and the follow-up activities of complaints. SAP Complaint Handling is a solution based on SAP Business Technology Platform application, which works coherently irrespective of customer being either in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA On-Premise or SAP ECC, meaning any existing landscape of customer will seamlessly work with the solution. The solution also delivers a standardized manner of managing complaints with build-in out-of-the-box integrations with all relevant process of the complaint. Additionally, for its initial release in 2111, SAP Complaint Handling supports process the of Supplier Recovery which help unlock additional supplier recovery potential with a low implementation footprint, and supports customers who are on SAP S/4HANA On-Premise or SAP ECC.
- Keep Track on holistic complaint process
- Out of the box integration to Quality Notifications, Claims and Return Orders
- Operate with existing landscape as additional layer “on top”
- Seamless integration to problem solving methods (supplier 8D)
- Reduce time & cost to share information with stakeholders
- Multiple backend integration with one singular cockpit
- Decreased time to process and settle complaints
- Increase supplier recovery ratio
We would like to share some of the highlights of the SAP Complaint Handling solution:
- Complaint cockpit: full transparency of all these activities at the same time and in one glance.
- Problem Solving Integration: seamlessly create an 8D report from within Complaint cockpit
- Cost collection for claim creation: Once the relevant costs are allocated, they can be transferred seamlessly to a supplier claim in the backend system.
- Multiple Backend configuration: The solution provides various configuration capabilities, one of them being supporting multiple backend configuration as per customer’s needs.
As a solution running on SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP), SAP Complaint Handling supports smooth integration with SAP S/4HANA On-Premise and also SAP ECC 6.0.
To use SAP Complaint Handling, you must have the integrated system up and running in the backend either on SAP S/4HANA On-Premise or SAP ECC.
Help Documentation: Product Overview – SAP Help Portal
Admin Guide: Overview – SAP Help Portal