Return to External Supplier Using Advance Return Management in S/4HANA
In this blog, the steps outlined for configuring and executing ‘Supplier Advance Return Management process in S/4HANA’. This will help users to configure advance return management and execute, monitor in S/4HANA Environment. The Business user can effectively monitor the complete return process cycle end to end and take corrective measures. The system can be configured as per the business requirement.
- Ensure return indicator enabled in the Supplier Master (in the purchasing view) with the indicator “Ret. with shipping proc.”
- Create Supplier as Customer for creating a return delivery and link Customer number in the supplier master
- Shipping determination Configuration
Configuration Steps in S/4HANA:
Step 1:- Define shipping-specific data for returns to vendor, which is the return delivery of goods to an external vendor.
SPRO – Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Returns Order – Returns to Supplier
Step 2: Activate Advanced Returns Management for Purchase Order Types
SPRO – Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Returns Order -Advanced Returns
Step 3: Activate and Rename Follow-Up Activities
SPRO – Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Returns Order -Advanced Returns Management – Activate and Rename Follow-Up Activities
Step 4: Define Number Ranges for Advanced Returns Process IDs
SPRO – Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Returns Order -Advanced Returns Management – Define Number Ranges for Advanced Returns Process IDs
Step 5: Define Return Reasons for Supplier Returns
SPRO – Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Returns Order -Advanced Returns Management – Define Return Reasons for Supplier Returns
Execution Process steps: –
- Create a returns purchase order using the Fiori App: Create Purchase order App
Select Document type as NB2, Enter the RMA number in the Returns Tab. Return against the Original PO is updated in the Reference Document in the return tab. Follow up activity “Ship To Supplier” is populated
- Create an Outbound delivery with reference to the returns purchase order using the Fiori app: My Purchase order
Step 3: – Post Return goods issue using App: Change outbound delivery
- After going through the above blog, the user should have learned how to set up and execute the ‘External Supplier advance return Management process in S/4HANA’
- Please provide your feedback/comments. You can ask Questions / Answer for the open Questions in the SAP Community here
S/4 HANA Advanced Return Management Process:
Nice explanation and document
Hello. Nice blog! Question: in SAP ECC we had a vendor number 123456, and when we got to execute a process of "return to vendor" the system provided us with a different number (90000348, for exemple), meaning that vendor 123456 (LFA1-LIFNR) has a correspondent customer in KNA1-KUNNR = 90000348).
That process is gonna change on S4? Will the numbers of vendor and client be obligatory the same?
Can they be different? Even if we are talking about multiple landscapes?
thanks for the blog! You mention "create using Fiori app" xyz, but you show GUI. I am interested in seeing how step 1 looks like in fiori, i.e. could you please share screenshot for "Create a returns purchase order using the Fiori App: Create Purchase order App"