Combined Picking Using Radio Frequency (RF) Device
In the outbound process, the warehouse worker/resource wants to pick you pick a group of products consolidated in a single warehouse order for warehouse process optimization purposes using RF devices.
The warehouse workers/resources can perform the picking in a single trip. This will reduce the time taken and improve the warehouse processes using RF devices.
This process is very useful when the warehouse resource can pick up multiple products at a time.
This is a very simple configuration set up which helps to improve the efficiency of the warehouse resources using RF device.
The system also directs the HUs into respective destination bins after picking all the HUs for the further actions.
- Decentralized EWM and Embedded SAP S/4HANA 1709 Onwards.
- Application Component – SCWM-EWM-RF
Refer the below link for the Combined Picking using RF features
Combined Picking Using Radio Frequency (sap.com)
Note – This functionality was configured and tested on SAP S/4 1909 Embedded.
Define Combined Picking Profile
- IMG Path – SPRO-IMG- SCM Extended Warehouse Management- Extended Warehouse Management – Mobile Data Entry- Define Combined Picking Profile
- Steps –
- Run the transaction code SPRO and then follow the above path to display the below screen.
- Definition of Combined Picking Profiles – Click on new Entries and then maintain the below information.Note: The consolidation group and Serial number checkboxes are selected. These are not considered.
- Criteria for Determining Combined Picking- Select the combined picking profile and double click to display the below screen. Maintain the below information.
- Determination of Combined Picking Profiles – Double click on it to display the initial screen and then maintain the information per your requirement by clicking on new entries.
- Save the changes in a customizing transport.
- Create a sales order and then corresponding outbound delivery.
- Create picking warehouse tasks either automatically or manually. The warehouse tasks were created manually in this scenario using the warehouse monitor.
- Perform the picking activity using RF device –
- Login to the RF device with all the required information and follow the path: Outbound Processes-Picking- Picking by WO and scan the WO.
- Perform the picking activity using RF device –
- Scan all the HU associated with the Warehouse Order one at a time (4 in this case).
- Once all the HUs associated with the Warehouse Order are scanned and confirmed, then the system displays the below screen with the destination bin information for the further operations.
Note: The system prompts with the below screen for each of the HU picked and confirmed earlier. This can also be changed to confirm once for all the HUs associated.
- Continue the further operations as needed to complete the goods issue process.
With this functionality, the effort of picking and GI will be reduced, and the warehouse resources can be utilized efficiently, and the processing time can be reduced.
Note: This activity can further be improved with additional configurations. It will be shared in a separate post to make it simple and clear.
Your suggestions/feedbacks are highly appreciated. There are few more articles on the way. Please follow my profile for the new blog posts related to latest features provided by SAP.
Do you have any further comments related to this topic? Do share them in the comments sections below without any hesitation. You can also ask questions in the SAP EWM Master Data Community Q & A Section
Note – All the images are created by me and free to use/share.
Thanks for your feedback and support for the other articles.
sorry, but what you describe and also what you show is NOT combined picking.
First of all, a combined picking profile is not to "pick a group of products", to take care of that is the task of the warehouse order creation rule.
The goal of the combined picking profile is to simplify the process when you pick the same product from the same bin for different WTs which are in the same WO. Scenarios are for example when you have two deliveries for the same product for the same customer (that is where the consolidation group gets important). Or the infamous free of charge item (the customer buys 10 pcs and gets one additional pc for free - this creates a second sales order and also delivery item, as this pc is not invoice relevant).
And if this is successfully working, the pick step in the RF dialogue looks different:
The field "WTs" shows that this screen combines WTs and the number of course the number of WTs you are picking. Additionally the "F3 UnCom" gives the option to "un-combine" the WTs (in case of a quantity difference).
The arrow on top of the screen is a sign that there is another WT from another bin. In my case it is because I have second product, which of course is NOT combined on screen. If your sales order has only one item and you get this on the screen, you either have no combined picking, or the product is picked from several bins, where you can not have a combined picking.
All the above is no official SAP statement.
Want to learn EWM?
Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/search?q=ewm
Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub
And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!
And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!
Thank you so much for your feedback and also taking time to review the blog. I agree with your feedback. Somehow, I missed to test it the way you explained. Sorry for this 😢.
I am happy receive the feedback from the EWM Guru like you😁.
Now the post has been updated with correct process. A few new details have been also added for better understanding.
We have to share the right and accurate to our EWM community.
I am planning to explore more on different HUs in a single bin for the full pallet picking.
Thanks again for your valuable inputs and suggestions. These feedbacks will help me to write articles.
Thanks & Regards