The SAP Download Manager is a free tool that allows you to download multiple files simultaneously, or to schedule downloads to run at a later point in time.
You can download the SAP products that are associated with your S-user ID. Downloading files requires the Software Download authorization; to request it, contact a user administrator in your company.
The SAP Software Download Center is the central location to download your company’s SAP software.
You can also use or follow the SAP KBA note# How to download software – https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1568179
Types of Software
- Installation and upgrades – When installing a product for the first time, download the installation. If you want to upgrade to the next version, download an upgrade.
2. Support Packages & Patches – A patch is a code-correction for a specific version of an SAP product. Support packages are a collection of one or more patches, and are released on a schedule.
3. Databases – Download installation and support package files for SAP and third-party databases. Access downloads
In order to download software from the SAP Software Download Center, you need the authorization Software Download. To request it, contact a user administrator in your company. More information can be found in SAP Note 1037574 (Software Download Authorization for S-User) and SAP Note 1069565
Check out on how to order the software – You may order software packages for physical shipment. To do so, either contact your local SAP Contract Department or report an incident using component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP.
If you cannot find the product or software you need, check out what needs to be done?
There are a number of reasons why this might happen:
- Only software that you have purchased will display in the SAP Software Download Center. Contact your account executive if you need to purchase software. If you don’t know who your account executive is, contact your SAP Local Support Center.
- If you work for a company that has multiple customer accounts with SAP, ensure that you are logged in to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad with an S-user ID that is associated with the customer account licensed for the product you are looking for. You can check the customer number associated with your S-user ID under My Profile. Contact one of your company’s user administrators if your S-user ID is not associated with the right customer account for the software you need.
- The version of software is out of maintenance and you have yet to do a license conversion to the newer version. Contact your local SAP Contract Department for assistance.
- The software you need is still in the Early Adopter Care program. Check the Product Availability Matrix for more information.
If you encounter problems with the SAP Software Download Center, check out the following SAP Notes and Knowledge Base Articles:
- 1555533 — Changes in SAP Software Download Center at a Glance
- 753788 — Navigation structure in SWDC
- 846399 — Software Download Center – Performance Analysis
- 904699 — Download Center for Inst/Upgrade: Operating System Names
- 1037574 — Download authorization for S-User
- 1069565 — Authorization Check: Error 400 with SAP Download
Thank you for reading, we hope you found it useful!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the Q&A All Questions in Customer Experience | SAP Community and All Questions in Support Services | SAP Community
Read more #CustomerInteractionCenter blog-posts Here!