SAP IBP Blog 10 – Summary of useful links for SAP IBP
In this blog post I collected some useful links for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain, short SAP IBP. These links might be more useful for someone new to SAP IBP, but even experienced users or consultants might find some of these links interesting.
The official name of the solution is “SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain” (until 2019 it was called “SAP Integrated Business Planning”). SAP approved abbreviations are “SAP IBP” and “SAP IBP for Supply Chain”.
SAP IBP Overview Material
Introduction: Video with an overview of SAP IBP related resources
Supply Chain Planning Processes on SAP Insights webpage:
- What is the S&OP?
- What is DDMRP?
- Supply Chain Control Towers: Providing End-to-End
- The new area of Demand Planning
- What is extended planning and analysis (xP&A)?
- What Is Response and Supply Planning?
SAP IBP Webinar Overview series:
- SAP IBP Webinar Series
- SAP IBP Overview PDF| Recording
- SAP IBP for Demand PDF| Recording
- SAP IBP for Sales and Operations PDF| Recording
- SAP IBP for Demand Driven Replenishment PDF| Recording
- SAP IBP for Inventory PDF| Recording
- SAP Supply Chain Control Tower PDF| Recording
- SAP IBP for Response and Supply:
- Overview of SAP IBP Supply Planning Algorithms and Criteria for Choosing Constrained Based Planning PDF | Recording
SAP IBP Onboarding
- First step for new SAP IBP customers is to visit the SAP IBP Onboarding Wiki page and attend the SAP IBP Onboarding webinar .
- Another valuable resource is the SAP Digital Supply Chain Resource Center where new customers can find links to solution overview, change management guide etc.
- Please also check out SAP Note 2453264: How to find additional knowledge repositories for SAP IBP:
SAP IBP Help, Wikis, Upgrade information
Important information can be found in the SAP IBP Help Portal:
- SAP IBP Help Portal
- IBP application help
- What´s in each IBP application (including license information)
- Integration Scenarios
SAP IBP Wiki information:
- Lots of technical information can be found on the SAP IBP Wiki page.
- The IBP FAQ Wiki answers a lot of questions already (especially around the Excel add-in).
SAP IBP Upgrade information:
- SAP IBP Upgrade Planning Wiki page
- SAP informs the harmonized upgrade schedule across solutions in SAP Note 2888562
- Maintenance and Major Upgrade Windows Schedule
Audience Engagement: Community, Newsletter, Compendiums, YouTube
- Subscription to SAP IBP newsletter
- Sign up for webinars or listen to recodings on the SAP IBP Webinar Wiki page
- To collaborate with other SAP IBP enthusiasts, please visit the SAP IBP community
- YouTube Video Channel for Supply Chain Planning: SAP Supply Chain Planning – YouTube Channel
- Compendium of SAP IBP customer stories (PDF document)
Training and Best Practices
- For formal SAP IBP training courses, please visit the SAP IBP Learning Journey page
- Training & Adoption page specifically for SAP IBP
- Webinar about SAP IBP training courses: PDF| Recording | FAQ
- To jump start your IBP implementation, please use the SAP IBP Best Practice Explorer.
- On the SAP IBP webinar pageyou can find the recordings of past Best Practices sessions.
Influence Portal, Roadmap and Incidents
- Use the SAP IBP Influence Portalto transmit your ideas and requests to SAP development and vote on existing ideas and requests. SAP Note 2479068 describes how to create an influence item for SAP IBP
- The SAP IBP Roadmap can be viewed in the SAP IBP Roadmap Explorer
- If there is need to create an incident for SAP IBP, please follow the instructions described in SAP Note 2450436