SAP IBP Blog 8 – Create an Incident
Build Your Network of Support with the SAP Launchpad
Due to changes in business requirements, things don’t always go as planned. That’s where we come in. At SAP, we strive to continually improve and harmonize user experience for our customers. If you have encounter a product related issue, you can contact SAP Suppoirt by creating an incident report on the SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
How Creating an Incident Resolves Concerns
The SAP ONE Support Launchpad is an intuitive, task-driven resource providing relevant applications and insights for you. The incident support application helps guide you in solving technical product issues in real-time. The app will take you through collapsible sections and prompt you step-by-step to ensure the required information to resolve your issue is collected.
Initially, you will be tasked with selecting the affected system for SAP support to solve. The list can be extensive, considering many of our customers have multiple products on premise / cloud. Thanks to customer feedback, we have made many improvements to meet customer satisfaction. The system selection table filters by product version, datacenter region, and the system role to help you find the correct affected system.
One of our new services within this app is the real time logging and analysis file, which will suggest and log files for the selected component area. This service may help resolve your current problem before fully creating the support issue by identifying the possible root cause. Be sure to include the correct log files and a PDF analysis report attached to your incident from the onset.
Remember that a well-documented incident report better facilitates processing and saves time, so be sure to:
- Provide a detailed description on the issue at hand like the, what, where, who, and when, information.
- Include results of your searches in our knowledge base.
- Attach relevant screen shots and logs; refer to the log file and analysis section.
- Make sure your remote connection is open and the system information is up to date (on-premise customers).
- Lastly, confirm that your contact information (name, phone number and email address) is correct.
The redesign of the incident creation application is one example of the steps we at SAP take to fulfill our customers’ needs. This app has been made easier to use, to help you optimize your business processes, so give it a try when in need!
Some additional useful information:
- To create a perfect incident for SAP IBP please refer to this SAP Note 2450436.
- You can also use the Expert Chat function on the SAP ONE Support Launchpad: SAP Note 2213344.
- In case it´s necessary you can contact the SAP Customer Interaction Center (CIC) to request speeding up an incident: SAP Note 560499.
Ask a question
If you have remaining questions and need further guidance, navigate to SAP’s Ask a Question site to receive answers from SAP IBP experts.