SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit – File/Staging – How to get your project into another system
Dear SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit users,
we get quite often questions, on how to get a migration project from one system to another.
Therefore this condensed overview will help to understand the different procedures.
Best regards, Sybille Lackermeier, SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit Product Management
SAP S/4HANA 2020, Project created via LTMC
What to do:
- Open the migration project that you want to transfer.
- In the Migration Project Details screen, choose Export Content.
- The system creates a zip file that contains the migration project. Save this file.
- Open the migration cockpit in the other system, and open the migration project that has the same mass transfer ID as the project you want to transfer.
- In the Migration Project Details screen, choose Import Content.
- Select the zip file that you saved in step 3.
- Prerequisite: A project must exist in the target system with same mass transfer ID.
- Staging table names are different in D, Q, P systems -> use mapping table /1LT/DS_MAPPING
- Detailed documentation in help.sap.com.
SAP S/4HANA 2020, Project created via “Migrate Your Data”
What to do:
- Open migration object modeler (transaction LTMOM).
- Use the export / import Project functionality. You first export a project from a system. and save the project as a zip file. You then import the zip file into the other system.
You can use the report /LTB/MC_PROJ_Q2P instead.
- Projects can not be created in non-modifiable systems – new project will be created automatically with same mass transfer ID (no need to have it beforehand).
- Detailed documentation in KBA 3054108, KBA 3081981.
SAP S/4HANA 2021, Project created via “Migrate Your Data”
What to do:
- Open SAP Fiori App “Migrate Your Data” – Create project.
- Specify development package.
- Open migration object modeler (transaction LTMOM)
- Choose project and add to transport request.
- Proceed with standard SAP transport functionality.
- After importing the project in the other system, you are asked to provide the new database connection when entering the project the first time.
- Projects can not be created in non-modifiable systems.
- Detailed Documentation in system documentation LTMOM.
- Import/Export can be used in LTMOM – but this will be deprecated soon.
- More information in KBA 3081981.
For more detailed information on the transport concept please check following ppt Transport Concept – Staging Tables.
This slide deck is published on our Data Migration Landing Page http://help.sap.com/S4_OP_DM in section Training and Education.
thanks for sharing this information. May I add in addition that customers should be very aware of the mentioned modifiable-systems settings (especially for production system during data migration).
This was a little cumbersome in one of my projects (Release 2020), in case of last minute changes. Please see SAP Note 3104790 for further details.
Thanks Marco for your hint!
SAP Note 3104790
many thanks for sharing this information.
You write "How to get your project into another system". Do this steps work for "How to get your project into another client of the same system", too?
indeed: this blog is about getting project into another SYSTEM. The transport function does not support transports between clients in the same system.
I have to copy an 'Migrate Your Data' project, created on a S4HANA 2021 version, to a S4HANA 2020 system. Can I safely use a transport request for this: create the transport request on 2021 and import on 2020.
Thanks in advance,