SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit – File/Staging – How to get your project into another system
Dear SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit users,
we get quite often questions, on how to get a migration project from one system to another.
Therefore this condensed overview will help to understand the different procedures.
Best regards, Sybille Lackermeier, SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit Product Management
SAP S/4HANA 2020, Project created via LTMC
What to do:
- Open the migration project that you want to transfer.
- In the Migration Project Details screen, choose Export Content.
- The system creates a zip file that contains the migration project. Save this file.
- Open the migration cockpit in the other system, and open the migration project that has the same mass transfer ID as the project you want to transfer.
- In the Migration Project Details screen, choose Import Content.
- Select the zip file that you saved in step 3.
- Prerequisite: A project must exist in the target system with same mass transfer ID.
- Staging table names are different in D, Q, P systems -> use mapping table /1LT/DS_MAPPING
- Detailed documentation in help.sap.com.
SAP S/4HANA 2020, Project created via “Migrate Your Data”
What to do:
- Open migration object modeler (transaction LTMOM).
- Use the export / import Project functionality. You first export a project from a system. and save the project as a zip file. You then import the zip file into the other system.
You can use the report /LTB/MC_PROJ_Q2P instead.
SAP S/4HANA 2021, Project created via “Migrate Your Data”
What to do:
- Open SAP Fiori App “Migrate Your Data” – Create project.
- Specify development package.
- Open migration object modeler (transaction LTMOM)
- Choose project and add to transport request.
- Proceed with standard SAP transport functionality.
- After importing the project in the other system, you are asked to provide the new database connection when entering the project the first time.
- Projects can not be created in non-modifiable systems.
- Detailed Documentation in system documentation LTMOM.
- Import/Export can be used in LTMOM – but this will be deprecated soon.
- More information in KBA 3081981.
For more detailed information on the transport concept please check following ppt Transport Concept – Staging Tables.
This slide deck is published on our Data Migration Landing Page http://help.sap.com/S4_OP_DM in section Training and Education.