SAP Activate Methodology for Transition to SAP S/4HANA – New Release 21Q4
The 21Q4 release of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map has been published, and here are the most important things we have changed for you:
- As always, accelerators have been updated throughout the road map, to link you to newest information on SAP S/4HANA release 2021 (e.g. Feature Scope Description, Release Note etc.). Also, accelerator content has been updated: One prominent example is the updated version of the well known “SAP S/4HANA Cookbook on Customer/Vendor Integration“.
- Tool updates on the SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA, and Tricentis Test Automation for SAP (TTA) have been added.
- When moving to SAP S/4HANA, you should be familiar with the extension concept for SAP S/4HANA. We now cover the SAP Business Technology Platform and its importance for making and keeping the core clean (extending “side-by-side”). “In-app” extensibility is covered as well. From Discover to Realize, extensibility is now addressed with new tasks throughout the road map.
- Another topic area which has been greatly extended is “Business Process Intelligence“. SAP Signavio and SAP Process Insights can help you analyzing your current business processes, and identifying innovation potential. After go-live, they can help you validating the expected value of the SAP S/4HANA transformation. You will find new tasks with service descriptions and links to the SAP Signavio documentation where appropriate. As a starting point please look at the white paper collection in the new task “Use SAP Signavio and SAP Process Insights” in the activity Application Value and Scoping.
- Finally we have updated information on new services and service components. For instance, there are three new services in SAP Value Assurance: “SAP Business Process Insights and Improvement“, “Replatforming Support to Make the Core Clean” and “SAP Extension Suite to Keep the Core Clean“. They support you in the topics of extensibility and business process intelligence mentioned above.
This is the new services structure mapped to the transition road map:
You can find the new release of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map in the “SAP Roadmap Viewer”.
And as always: your feedback is highly welcome!
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.