SAP Readiness Check – Data Collection for the Financial Data Quality Analysis
Please note: this blog has been updated on 09/22/2022 to additionally cover information about the data collection for Material Ledger
with the release of the enhanced Financial Data Quality Analysis in SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA, the data collection for Financial Data Quality has undergone some changes. The selection screen of the RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA report now offers the possibility to enable financial data collection not only by using Standard Mode, but also by providing a fine-tuned mode called Expert Mode which we want to explain in this blog.
You can toggle between standard mode and expert mode.
The expert mode enables you to customize the parameters of the execution for the Financial Data Quality check.
The expert mode contains four areas of customization:
Financial Areas in Scope for Analysis:
The analysis can be executed for all Finance areas (General Ledger, Asset Accounting, and Material Ledger) or only for one area.
Data Collection Mode for Financial Areas:
There are two possible analysis modes to be specified: sequential or parallel analysis.
- Sequential Analysis: This mode is selected by default. It allows analysis to start in sequential way
- Parallel Analysis: This means that the analyses for the financial areas (General Ledger, Asset Accounting, and Material Ledger) are started at the same time.
Number of Parallel Jobs per Financial Area:
In this section, you can define the number of jobs to be triggered by financial area. Based on a calculation of available background processes in the system, we provide a recommendation about the number of jobs in total and for each financial area.
Calculation: Available background processes = total number of available work processes – 20% (safety margin)
Number of Parallel Entities to Be Analyzed per Financial Area:
The entities represent the scope per job. In this section, you can specify the number of parallel entities to be analyzed per single job per financial area:
- For General Ledger, the fiscal year entity is considered, so the analysis will be performed based on fiscal years. By default, two fiscal years will be analyzed in a single job for this financial area.
- For Asset Accounting, the company code entity is used, so the analysis will be performed based on company codes. By default, five company codes will be analyzed in a single job for this financial area.
- For Material Ledger, the valuation area entity is used, so the analysis will be performed based on valuation areas. By default, ten valuation areas will be analyzed in a single job for this financial area.
Here you find the main blog on the enhanced Financial Data Quality Analysis: Launch of Enhanced Financial Data Quality Check in SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA | SAP Blogs
Your SAP Readiness Check Team