Sailing Smooth With API Management – Pt-4
This is in continuation of API Management series – In this article we will design how can we register SAP SuccessFactors services. For this scenario, will use /successfactors/odata/v2 as API base path.
Refer previous blog series
Sailing Smooth With API Management – Pt-1 setting up of free trial account – in Cloud Foundry.
Sailing Smooth With API Management – Pt-2 POC – Registering CPI SOAP Service.
Sailing Smooth With API Management – Pt-3 POC – POC – Registering external OData service (Northwind Service).
- API Portal: The one-stop-shop to create, secure, and publish API Proxies. This is the place for easy discovery of APIs, and you the API Administrator, can manage, meter, secure your APIs, as well as define and publish rate plans. Details
- API Business Hub Enterprise: Self-service for application developers to discover, browse, and explore APIs, subscribe to rate plans, and build apps. Details
Scenario: Register SuccessFactors services (endpoint)
Steps (to follow in API Portal):
- Create API (Develop) -> Save and deploy
Prerequisite: APIPortal.Administrator role
- Adding policies of API “Policies”
Double click on the API and click “Policies”
Here we are going to implement “Verify API Key”
<!–Specify in the APIKey element where to look for the variable containing the api key–>
<VerifyAPIKey async=’true’ continueOnError=’false’ enabled=’true’
- Create a product – to bundle API (Develop) -> Deploy
Steps (to follow in API Business Hub Enterprise):
- Launch API Business Hub Enterprise
- Subscribe the service & create an application
Double click the service -> Click Subscribe -> Create New Application
Generate and copy the API Key. This key needs to be passed as part of the validation process while accessing the API.
- Testing the API using API Test Console
With this we are able to register SuccessFactors APIs in API Management, implemented additional layer of security (through API Key) and subscribed the same.
Any question or feedback will be appreciated!